Up to 40% Off Graco Products

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is $127 for a Nautilus good? griff needs a new seat right away. It's seems like that is Target's price.

OMG, the new ones with the no-rethread harness are $320 in Canada! Graco is just rude about their Canadian pricing. WAY, WAY above what the exchange rate is.

Last edited:

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Can someone here in the US buy one and ship it to you? I'm just curious if that's allowed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that not only would an American seat be illegal to use in Canada, but it is also illegal to ship an American seat to Canada. Have I got that right? I know it is legal to import a foreign seat to the US but illegal to use it....but for some reason I thought in Canada you can't even ship an American seat over there.

MamaChirpy

My understanding is that not only would an American seat be illegal to use in Canada, but it is also illegal to ship an American seat to Canada. Have I got that right? I know it is legal to import a foreign seat to the US but illegal to use it....but for some reason I thought in Canada you can't even ship an American seat over there.

Ok gotcha!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

They have a pretty good chance of getting seized and destroyed.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

They have a pretty good chance of getting seized and destroyed.

That's correct. Here is the information about that http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehicl...u-353.htm?campaign=Twitter-eng&WT.mc_id=19ci4

and the pertinent paragraph is (bolding is mine):

Under Health Canada’s Restraint Systems and Booster Seats for Motor Vehicles Regulations, and in accordance with the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, child, infant, and booster seats that do not comply with certain specifications of Transport Canada’s Motor Vehicle Restraint Systems and Booster Seat Safety Regulations (RSSR) must not be imported, advertised or sold in Canada whether by individuals or for commercial purposes. Furthermore, provincial and territorial legislation does not allow their use in Canada.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC