Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Giftcardgranny

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Community Member

Giftcardgranny

Has anyone used this site? Is it safe and legit? R said she would be happy with gift cards this year, she has no clue as to what she wants.

Would it also be a good gift for a 13yr old?

https://www.giftcardgranny.com/

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    I haven't used that particular site, but I have bought and sold gift cards on similar ones. Most recently I've used Raise to buy discounted cards.

Most of my transactions have been fine, but I did have one problem. I had a restaurant card ($200 value, I paid something like $125) and was getting take-out for the family. I went to pay, and the card was invalid.

I called Raise's help line, and they refunded my purchase, so I wasn't out anything. But then I heard that thieves use gift card sites like this a lot. They'll steal a credit card, buy gift cards, then sell them. A lot of people won't use sites like that anymore because it encourages that.

I haven't used Raise since then, and probably won't again, even though most of my transactions were fine, and Raise made right (to me) the one that wasn't.
    Last edited by LISmama810; 09-18-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Senior Community Member

Re: Giftcardgranny

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    But then I heard that thieves use gift card sites like this a lot. They'll steal a credit card, buy gift cards, then sell them. A lot of people wit use sites like that anymore because it encourages that.
    Ugh, thanks. Funny thing, yesterday a couple, here in my city, stole an elderly woman's credit card and directly went to Target and bought $1600 in gift cards. I wonder if saving the few dollars are worth it. This site offers actual cards as well as printed codes. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    I'm not sure. The one I had trouble with was an electronic card.

I got a physical card for another place, and as soon as I got it I took it in and had them transfer the balance onto another card just in case someone tried using the number. I'm not sure if all places will transfer them, though.

The other cards I got (and didn't have problems with) were electronic.