Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Rear Facing Infant Seat or Rear Facing Convertible?? When to switch?

I have an 18lb, almost 8 month old. She is currently in a Nuna Pipa. We already have a Clek Foonf for her as a convertible seat. We are getting ready to take a long 16 hour, 2 day car ride. Should we switch her to the rear facing convertible Foonf or keep her in the Nuna Pipa? What's the safest for her?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

Re: Rear Facing Infant Seat or Rear Facing Convertible?? When to switch?

Either one is fine, and neither is safer than the other (that we know of) assuming she fits properly in both. If she fits well in the foonf and hasn't outgrown the Pipa, just pick whichever you think will be more comfortable and/or more convenient for the trip.

Re: Rear Facing Infant Seat or Rear Facing Convertible?? When to switch?

Either is very safe at her age, provided that she meets the requirements. She must be able to sit upright alone in order to use the Foonf, but if she has reached that milestone then she is fine. I would base your decision on what would be most convenient for you when traveling. Keep in mind that she should get out of the car seat every three hours or so to stretch and move around (and probably get a diaper change and feeding). So for that reason I might use the Foonf because it is easy to keep a baby in an infant seat for too much of the day when traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding in a Diono Everett booster, in a Chicco MyFit in BPB mode, and a Graco Slimfit in BPB mode)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding FF in a Graco Milestone, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)