International Flight - Cosco Comfy Convertible

lachifa

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are flying to Peru at the end of October with our 9-month-old. I just purchase the Cosco Comfy for my son to use it on the plane. Now I am wondering if this seat its too big for rear facing. I don't know if I should change it. We are flying from our city in Alaska Airlines and from LA to Lima in LATAM. I am going to call the airlines to ask but do you guys think I choose correctly? I have a Chicco Nextfit that we use for the car but it weighs a ton so I don't plan on taking that car seat to Peru.

Hope somebody can advise me.

Thank you.

ADS

Dillipop

It looks like the Cosco comfy is the same as the Cosco apt 50 but with nicer fabric. From what I remember, the apt 50 is a pretty compact seat and should work fine for you on a place rearfacing. If you would like an even more compact seat, the Cosco scenera next is very compact, easy to install, and can be installed very upright if needed in small spaces. It also only costs about $50 and has a 40 lb rearfacing and forward facing limit. Most kids will max out the seats usefulness while rearfacing, as the straps are pretty low for forward facing but for the price, it's an awesome seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dillipop

Oh, and for either of the Cosco seats, contact Cosco and request a locking clip- you may need one for the cars in Peru of their vehicles don't have locking seat belts. Cosco should send you one for free but they don't automatically include them in the box anymore.

lachifa

Yep, that is why I chose the Comfy instead of the Scenera. Like the name says, it actually looks more comfy that the other one. So do you think I should return the Comfy and get the Scenera? I got a pretty good deal for the Comfy ($63 at Sears). I just want my son to travel comfortably for almost 9 hours. Maybe I am freaking out too much.
I will contact Cosco for the locking clip. Thanks for the advice!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yep, that is why I chose the Comfy instead of the Scenera. Like the name says, it actually looks more comfy that the other one. So do you think I should return the Comfy and get the Scenera? I got a pretty good deal for the Comfy ($63 at Sears). I just want my son to travel comfortably for almost 9 hours. Maybe I am freaking out too much.
I will contact Cosco for the locking clip. Thanks for the advice!

Children are lightweight and flexible -- especially a 9-month old. For most of them, the amount of padding really doesn't make much of a difference.

If you have time to order online, the Scenera NEXT that comes in a solid color (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Scenera-NEXT-Convertible-Car-Seat-Choose-your-Color/41126745) has a fabric that is super smooth -- feels kind of like Neoprene. It is much nicer (in my opinion) than the patterned covers which feel more like satin in the middle and felt on the outside. My daughter has the blue one and loves it. And the blue is gorgeous!

U

Unregistered

Hi! We just flew from Montreal to Buenos Aires with our 6-month-old on Copa airlines. I posted on this site and was recommended to buy the Cosco Scenera Next. The only one available was the black and white one.

I had the feeling like we were the first people to ever ask to install our carseat in the airplane. Nonetheless, everyone was very accommodating! Since we were boarded first (because of the kids), we had time to install our carseats prior to everyone else getting on the plane (we have 3 kids, so 3 seats!)

The Cosco Scenera Next is super light and relatively easy to install. A breeze to carry through the airport. I was wearing my baby, had a backpack and purse, was holding my daughter's hand and was able to carry the seat in my other hand.

I had to lift up the armrest to install the seat. The only hitch is that it takes practice to install the seat rear-facing without it tipping into the forward-facing angle. But it is possible!

We also had to install the seat in a taxi. No problem there.

As for the fabric, the back is like a nylon and the sides are a kind of velour. It's soft enough and easy to wipe off. However, when we first opened the bag we got the seat in, there was a strong smell. It dissipated once I washed the cover and let the seat air out. I would definitely recommend washing the cover before using it with the baby.

In short, we had a good experience flying with the Cosco Scenera Next rear-facing! I'd recommend it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC