Accident and replacing

Hazelandlucy

I was in accident where someone fell asleep and came over onto my car almost perfectly parallel. It was not a big jolt but I do have a dent and scraping and $1600 worth of damage. Clek says replace, Britax says minor accident ok and it does meet the criteria of minor. Would you still want to replace the Britax or be fine with keeping it?

Last edited:
ADS

oakster

We kept our Britax seats in a similar accident and had no concerns about doing so. Our insurance did offer to replace the one that was occupied during the accident, though, which is state law where we live.

Hazelandlucy

We kept our Britax seats in a similar accident and had no concerns about doing so. Our insurance did offer to replace the one that was occupied during the accident, though, which is state law where we live.

My state says the same thing, I had no idea until I checked after your post!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician

My state says the same thing, I had no idea until I checked after your post!

Are you guys in states other than Illinois or California? Those are the only two states I know that have regulations about replacement, but we keep track of stuff like that, so if other states do, too, please let me know!

oakster

Yes, if the other insurance is paying anyway, you might as well replace it. We didn't for ours since it was an at-fault accident so we were trying to keep the total lower (and neither we nor Britax thought the seats needed to be replaced). Though ironically we ended up getting the non-occupied seat replaced anyway after the repair shop broke it trying to take it out before we got there to do it at the prearranged time... (Sadly that seat was a year-old Frontier, while the occupied seat was a four-year-old Marathon G3 that I would have loved an excuse to replace!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC