Kids Embrace

Hazelandlucy

My 4.8 yr old desperately wants the Cinderella seat. I have searched for threads about it and most of them are from many years ago. There are some references to the top harness height being low (now it's 17") and the company being shady.
What is/was shady about them? I have heard the belt path is very narrow - i am petite with small hands, would i still have a problem? What about flying with it - will the belt get stuck?

Thanks for any information about this! It makes me nervous because I have always done the high end seats but I need new ones and this would make my daughter so happy.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Here's CarseatBlog's review: http://carseatblog.com/27198/kidsem...nage-mutant-ninja-turtle-combination-booster/

The slots can be an issue because, as far as I know, there's still no way to know whether the seat you buy will have two sets or three. (Unless you're able to see it in person, of course.) The company claims the top slots pass testing, and I believe them if they say that. However, they do not look well enforced to me at all, and I wonder about their performance in other types of crashes. That's all speculation, though.

I haven't heard anything about the company being shady, and I've had good communication with them in person and via email. I think the main concern is the lack of consistency with the number of harness slots.

It is lightweight and has a nice smooth harness.

The belt path is really really really narrow. I have very small hands, and they scrape the heck out of me, but it's doable. I *think* it would be okay on an airplane because the cover is stretchy enough that it should allow room for opening the buckle.

If you're used to heavy, substantial, steel-reinforced, cushy seats, I'm not sure you'd love this one.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
When they first came out, someone from the company trolled with sock puppets here (making an account and pretending to be an unaffiliated parent to try to drum up interest.) When asked, they doubled down until an admin got involved.

That was enough to tarnish their reputation for me.

The fact that they've lacked consistency, and I've seen stress marks on those "harness slots" on top on the sides of the slot just from normal being schlepped around to events (so I wonder whether they'd hold up in a side impact, which isn't tested for, or let the harness slip completely off) just seal the deal for me that I won't personally buy or recommend them. That's just my personal opinion.

Hazelandlucy

I didn't know they still had the non incorporated top slots, that does seem nerve wracking.

I think I will skip it.

It might be a totally different seat in the UK, but it doesn't get very good crash protection reviews in Which magazine (kind of like consumer reports) even harnessed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC