New Foonf Lockout Question and news seats...

Hazelandlucy

I need new seast after an accident. I had a Fllo for the 2.5 yr old in my car and have been praying she makes it to 3.5 or so before I have to use the belt because of my horrible experience with the Foonf rear facing lockoffs (a 2013 model). I now use that Foonf FF and it's awesome.

Since she will be FF in a year or so, I would rather a Foonf for the rigid latch. But that would mean a seatbelt for rear facing right now and I am nervous. Have the new lockoffs made a big difference? My old lockoffs came undone (and not just when the seat cover was lifted) no matter what and I tried everything including a CPST doing it for me.

Also my 4.9 year old needs a new seat. I think she would sit well in a booster, but it feels weird doing anything carseat related early since I rear face close to 4 and have hundreds of posts on a carseat forum, lol! She is 41.5 inches and 40 lbs. Booster? If not what is a good combination seat that comes in pretty colors (pink or purple). Or would you just get a cheaper seat like the Sure Ride that can bridge the gap and get a dedicated booster later?

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The only combination seats I know of that have actually pretty covers available, in my opinion, are the Nautilus and the Britax combination seats. The Defender has a pink option but that's not pretty to me lol. I wouldn't booster my kids at that age because they just didn't have the physical ability to sit straight yet, and were quite slumpy when tired. At SafetyBeltSafe we usually recommend waiting until at least kindergarten for physical and developmental maturity to move to a booster.

Has she outgrown the Foonf forward facing?

Hazelandlucy

The only combination seats I know of that have actually pretty covers available, in my opinion, are the Nautilus and the Britax combination seats. The Defender has a pink option but that's not pretty to me lol. I wouldn't booster my kids at that age because they just didn't have the physical ability to sit straight yet, and were quite slumpy when tired. At SafetyBeltSafe we usually recommend waiting until at least kindergarten for physical and developmental maturity to move to a booster.

Has she outgrown the Foonf forward facing?

I just put them on the top slots, but she has a lot of room until she reaches them. It will get her to a booster.

Do you think the new lockoffs make a big difference for the Foonf rear facing for my youngest?

I will look at the Nautilus and Britax, does one make a better booster when that times comes?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They both are pretty wide and difficult to get buckled in booster mode to be honest. The Nauti is somewhat vehicle dependent On how it positions The belt. But The Frontier doesn't tend to fit well in booster mode until The harness is outgrown.

I prefer a dedicated booster. So I'd just plan to pass it down if this were my seat I'd be buying.

I've heard the new Lockoffs work well but have no personal experience.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The new lockoffs are like ski boot "laces" and hold very well. I don't think you'll have a problem with them.

bnsnyde

I just put new lockoffs on my 2015 seat, so the lock offs are from 2016. They work great. We do seatbelt install RF for our Fllo.

I do need to tighten occasionally. But they do hold well. The old lockoffs did not. Ours is age 3 and RF and the seat truly gets a beating as she climbs in. She is 40 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC