Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Has anyone puzzled a FF Sureride with a FF Milestone?

300+ miles from home, Odyssey may or may not be ready to drive today, have to get 3 kids home, maybe borrowing a 2010-ish Hyundai Sonata. Trying to figure out if that requires buying a Wayz.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Has anyone puzzled a FF Sureride with a FF Milestone?

We're planning not to need this anymore, at least not today. I'm still curious.

Watching
    Boy A, 8, Girl M, 8, Girl C, 6, Girl B, 6,
    Girl L, 4, Girl F, 3, Girl E, 1.5, Boy B, 1
    Sureride, Milestone, Pioneer, MyFit and Bubble Bum

Well, lgenne, you have a Milestone; you could go to BRU (I assume they have a SureRide floor model) or Target (I KNOW they have a SureRide floor model) and do some parking lot research for the benefit of society! :-D
    Mom to tall guy, 6, in a Frontier 90 and Graco Affix
    - - - and small guy (not so small any more!), 3, RFing in a Clek Fllo and Cosco Scenera NEXT

CPS Fanatic

I actually also own a Sureride. But it lives at the in-laws', hundreds of miles away.

When I posted this, the Sureride was easily accessible, one or 2 floors away. The Milestone was still installed in the minivan, which was at the shop, getting a new radiator installed, thanks to the chainsaw that fell off the truck in front of us on the interstate the day before, Labor Day. We were supposed to be home already (unplanned "vacation" day) and unsure that the minivan would be ready that day, trying to figure out if we needed to swap vehicles with MIL (who was at work, with her Sonata) and trying to figure out how that would even work with our 3 kids.

CPS Fanatic

And of course now that I'm thinking about this again, I realize that I almost certainly could have put a FF Radian in the center, with a RF Milestone outboard, and probably improved leg room for the seat in front of the RF seat.

At the time, I was dead set against having the Radian in the middle. DS2 had to be in the middle (the Milestone is generally his) to avoid constant aggravation for 6 hours of driving (DS1 is obsessed with touching DS3, particularly his face). Forgot DS2 and DS3 could swap seats.