RF from Britax Car Seat Technicianon the BLVD. :(

mykidsmylife

I just called and the lady talked with the car seat tech there at Britax. She said the 35lbs rf weight for the BLVD is a mis-print. She said the BLVD HAS NOT been tested at 35lbs RF and they dont know when or if it will. ONLY the diplomant was tested at 35lbs.

What a bummer. I am upset. She said they are going to fix the video and take it out. Hopefully they will do it quick. Look at how many people got excited about it.

Just though I would share. :(

ADS

mykidsmylife

Oh Thanks. I didnt see that. They need to get their crap together. Why the heck wouldnt the Britax Car Seat Tech know that?
This is so frustrating!!!

arly1983

LOL, I once called and asked if they were coming out with any new regent covers in the next 6 months. I was told there were no plans to release any new regent cover at present. The Girly Regent came out the next week, LOL.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Sometimes, it isn't the employees fault they're "stupid." I once did inbound calls, and there were many many times that we weren't told what was going on until it had already happened - for example, the company that I worked for had a price hike - like 25 or 30%. We found out when people started calling us asking wtf was up.

And even then, our floor managers told us to tell people that it was a mistake, that it wasn't happening. And then corporate, like 3 days - and millions of calls - later, said, oh yeah, we're doing the rate hike. omg, it was awful. They said they didn't want to tell us in advance because we could let it slip, or buy stock (on 5ish an hour) and have problems with insider trading. :dizzy:

Sorry you can't get more clear info.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If I were Britax, I wouldn't want the CSRs telling people there was a really good reason to wait another month (or whatever) to buy the seat, either. It seems pretty clear that the Blvd will be "upgraded" to a 35 lb rear facing weight limit in the fairly near future. I'm sure the CSRs will be told when it happens, but not before, or if they are told before, they'll also be told not to discuss it with customers until the seats hit shelves.

katiesmommy

Yeah, the Britax CS reps are generally behind the times. I called to ask when the new Monarch covers would be available, several months ago. They told me there weren't any plans for new covers. I told the lady that I was looking at a website that had pictures of the new covers right there. I told her the website and she looked at it, but she was amazed, she said that they had no idea that there were new one's at all.

ignora

Senior Community Member
Yeah, they probably just don't know what's going on. At the Britax training I went to in Sept, Sarah Tilton told us that they will be phasing in 35lb rf weights for all of their convertible seats by the end of 2008. No info on which ones in what order, but I'm pretty confident it will be done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC