Flying with a highback booster

Hazelandlucy

What do you if flying with a highback that does not come apart? You can't use it on the plane and are not supposed to gate check or baggage check - do they fit in the overhead storage?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
You either have to check it or choose a different seat to fly with. I'm sure it won't fit in the overhead, and like you said, you can't use it onboard.

CaseyRN

Sorry to hijack but we are flying tomorrow. I'm planning on packing the back in our suitcase and carrying the bottom as a carry on to stick in the overhead storage. Is that the best way?

As for using one that doesn't come apart....I would probably buy a cheapie and so what I plan to do (if what I plan to do is ok that is)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sorry to hijack but we are flying tomorrow. I'm planning on packing the back in our suitcase and carrying the bottom as a carry on to stick in the overhead storage. Is that the best way?

As for using one that doesn't come apart....I would probably buy a cheapie and so what I plan to do (if what I plan to do is ok that is)

That's what we did for the one trip we took when my dd was in a highback.

Athena

Or the bottom might fit under the seat. That's what I did.

As for OP, I'd buy a travel booster. If you give the kids measurements and age, I'm sure you'll receive suggestions.

CaseyRN

Just to update we did great packing the back and carrying the bottoms onto the plane. I think they would have fit under the seat but there was overhead space so we stuck them up here.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have always wondered about this. If I keep the original box am i ok to check as luggage?

FYI boxes are designed for one use. I've had a shipper refuse to pay out on a damaged original box with parts missing off the seat because it was "inadequately packed" in the original box.

I would buy a sturdy (double wall if possible) well-fitted box and add padding to fill any gaps if I HAD to check a seat. But I'd rather not check a seat. When we travel we've been able mostly to bring either a harness or vest for children too young for a backless, and once they are 6 or 7 they've done fine in a backless for travel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC