Airbag recall = new car?

cookie123

I just got a notice for my Prius. It's a side air bag thing. I'm not a fan of the car and I've had it almost 5 years. It sounds like it's going to be awhile before it's fixed. That worries me. I'm also wondering if it will be unsightly. Lame, right? So, would you get a new car?

I wouldn't mind getting a new car but I have no idea what I'd get. Something a little bigger probably so the kids have a little more elbow room back there. And I'm tired of slippery leather that makes installing seats difficult! I'd like heated cloth in front.

ADS

AnnieW625

I wouldn't buy a new car just because of the airbag issue. We drove out Honda Pilot (06) for about a year before they finally got the part for the driver's side airbag, and then we got a rental for the day of the repair. I found out a few months ago that I could've requested a rental for the entire period before the airbag was replaced if I felt unsafe driving my car. We drove our car for about 6 months before the passenger side was fixed and Honda wasn't authorizing rental cars for that fix. I am sure Toyota has a similar program.

I am kind of tired of the recalls so for my next car I am looking at Volvo, which claims my car will be recall free.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC