Question Third Row of the 2016 Volvo XC90 vs. 2016 Honda Odyssey-which is safer?

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I need to use the third row of my car. Does anyone know if the third row of the 2016 Volvo XC90 or the Honda Odessey third row is safer? Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If you're looking to put a harnessed child back there, the Volvo doesn't have tether anchors. The Honda does.

Wendy

tribord

If you're looking to put a harnessed child back there, the Volvo doesn't have tether anchors. The Honda does.

Wendy

In addition, there is more space between the back of the vehicle and the occupants in the Odyssey than in the 2016 XC90. The third row of the 2016 XC90 will also have any occupants taller than 5'9" or so with their heads touching the ceiling. I didn't see any official restrictions/warnings in the manual on height of the third row occupants, however (unlike with the Mitsubishi Outlander).

The 2016 XC90 has great head support in both 3rd row positions. I don't know about the Odyssey, but the Honda Pilot IMO did not have adequate head support for a taller child or adult in the middle seat of the 3rd row. The seat belt fit in that position was also less than ideal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC