Please help! tall kids (4,6)airline seat reccomendations.

U

Unregistered

Hi, I have two long trips coming up that involve a 6 hour flight and a twelve hour flight with rental cars. I have Radians and a bad back so lugging 65lbs of carseats thru airports etc is not an option. I also have tall kids so alot of the suggested seats are on the line or outgrown or soon to be outgrown. I'd love seats as light as possible that tall kids can sit comfortably in and wont outgrow in 6 months!
My 6 year old is 47 inches and 50lbs I would like to find a harness carseat that I can continue to use.
My just turned 4 year old is 43 inches and 40lbs ideally i'd like a weight limit of 65lbs for him also. I don't want to have to tell big brother no you cant sit there because you weigh too much. Identical seats would be easiest I think!

Ive looked at Evenflo Sureride and Securekid they look like my only two options? Help

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

Those aren't your two only options, but they are options.

You could also consider the Graco Tranzitions, Evenflo Transitions, Harmony Defender.

But there's a good chance your six year old has outgrown nearly all of them by shoulder height other than the SureRide.

Wendy

AllieK

My son is about the same size as your 6yo, unfortunately there aren't too many options for harnessing him, unless he is all legs. Can you get a seated shoulder height on him (measure with him sitting on the floor, bum to shoulders)?

Our go to for travel is the Evenflo Sureride. They stack nicely together and are very lightweight. My son actually has quite a bit of growing room left in the Sureride and he has a very long torso.

Another option you might want to look at is the Britax Pioneer. It's not very lightweight but it would definitely allow your son some growing room.

Is there a reason why you don't want to use a booster for your older son? To me, that would be ideal for travel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC