Cruise Control

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Cruise Control Threads

While this is a relevant topic, please do not continue to begin new threads when additional comments can be added to this current thread. I have now merged two threads into this one, and I will delete any additional ones in new threads- especially if they do not add any significant content.

ADS
M

Marty

Cruise control safety

My husband uses CC especially on long trips, I'm not so comfortable with it, I feel like I'm not totally controlling my vehicle. Two weeks ago while driving thru' the Rockie Mountains in my Surburban, I had to react to crashes that had taken place ahead of me, I didn't have CC actived at the time, to make a long story short, my vehicle began to fishtail as I switched from accelarator to begin breaking, and we had a nasty rollover.
No one was hurt, thank God. If I had actived the CC I would have probably set it for 70 MPH as it was before the accident I had been going under the speed limit due to the terrain, and if I had the CC and going 70 MPH I don't know what the outcome might have been. Anyone have any input?

M

Marty

Defensive driving course

Where can I contact to take a defensive driving course, I'm in Oklahoma. I had a rollover accident in a Surburban and I'm currently looking to replace the Suburban with a Tahoo with Stabily Track. I feel the need to take a defensive driving course.:confused:

M

Marty

Defensive driving course

Thank you for your input. I will check with AAA & Ins. provider.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Also, they may call it something else - "advanced driving" or "severe weather driving" or something else. I'm almost positive that one of the techs who posts on a different board took a course through AAA a year or two back. She said it was great, and highly recommended it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC