Car seat or booster seat lightweight easy to carry

U

Unregistered

Hi
Can you recommend a car seat or booster seat for travel in transfer cars/ shuttle buses, taxis and tour buses/cars coming from Australia and going to a few different places in America needing a seat for 3 year old 20kilos 106cm tall (at last check).
Wanting one that will keep my child safe but also light and easy to carry around when on tours (if needed)
Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi! At 3, you definitely would not want to use a booster.

If the taxis/shuttles will have LATCH (you can call and request a taxi with LATCH) the IMMI GO is an option.

You can also consider the Ride Safer Travel Vest; it distributes forces more like a harness, not a booster. It doesn't restrict movement like a harness but with a parent sitting right next to the child I think it is a good option here. And can't be beat for carryability!

If you need a lightweight cheap seat but want a conventional seat that is easy to install, it will be bulkier but the Evenflo SureRide is lightweight and under $100 (on sale many places around $80.) There are products that would let you carry it on your back and at just under 10 lbs it is one of the lightest conventional seats around.

Along those lines the Evenflo SecureKid might be a little less bulky, though a bit more expensive and a bit heavier, and is easy to install in almost all vehicles (as is the SureRide.)

U

Unregistered

Hi! At 3, you definitely would not want to use a booster.

If the taxis/shuttles will have LATCH (you can call and request a taxi with LATCH) the IMMI GO is an option.

You can also consider the Ride Safer Travel Vest; it distributes forces more like a harness, not a booster. It doesn't restrict movement like a harness but with a parent sitting right next to the child I think it is a good option here. And can't be beat for carryability!

If you need a lightweight cheap seat but want a conventional seat that is easy to install, it will be bulkier but the Evenflo SureRide is lightweight and under $100 (on sale many places around $80.) There are products that would let you carry it on your back and at just under 10 lbs it is one of the lightest conventional seats around.

Along those lines the Evenflo SecureKid might be a little less bulky, though a bit more expensive and a bit heavier, and is easy to install in almost all vehicles (as is the SureRide.)

Are any of the options you have suggested ones that don't need to be attached like a normal car seat? Not sure if tour buses with have anchor points so don't really want to get a seat that needs to be anchored if can't use it for everything.
My sons 4 later this year. I want something that will keep him safe but also can be quickly and easily installed in and out of taxis transfer buses tour buses etc and that I can carry without really realising I am.

Are the bubblebum seats good?
Ridesafer vests okay? Can they be used together?
And any other ones you can suggest would be great
Thank you for your reply
Posted via Mobile Device

U

Unregistered

Are any of the options you have suggested ones that don't need to be attached like a normal car seat? Not sure if tour buses with have anchor points so don't really want to get a seat that needs to be anchored if can't use it for everything.
My sons 4 later this year. I want something that will keep him safe but also can be quickly and easily installed in and out of taxis transfer buses tour buses etc and that I can carry without really realising I am.

Are the bubblebum seats good?
Ridesafer vests okay? Can they be used together?
And any other ones you can suggest would be great
Thank you for your reply
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A BubbleBum is not appropriate at 3.

The Ride Safer Travel Vest is worn and then the child is buckled in. There's a booster available for use with it but it is not that small And its just So the child can see out. For portability I'd skip it. I have used the RSTV for my own children for years including a 3 year old for taxis when We went to Hawaii- and would again. :)

The GO is a 30 second install with LATCH but you'd need to know that the vehicle had LATCH. (Or get a taxi that did.) I have also used a GO in the past. It is great for kids who need a more conventional harness that is nonetheless super portable.

It sounds like the Ride Safer Travel Vest is the best bet for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC