Britax Multitech 2 and Britax Max way

DanielNathan

Hallo! I am from South africa and would like to get some help. The two kids involved are 6 and 41 pounds and a thin little man(petite) and then other child is 3 and 30 pounds. She is currently in the Britax Max Way which is extended rear facing and we are planning to keep her in it for 2-3 more years. My son is currently in the Graco Booster seat, it is not like the Turbobooster, it does not have so much padding and support etc. I am getting a Britax Multitech carseat tomorrow for him, so that we can put him back into 5 point harness, he is not sitting still and he is very petite. For this particular carseat, as I understand it, for the 5 point harnass if he is over 40 pounds it must rearface, and once we forward face it must be used as a booster, with the car seatbelt. I want to rear face him for another year, and he is happy with it! :)

Now my question. Is it best I put both of them on the outsides and put my oldest son who is 46 pounds in the middle in the Graco booster seat? Currently I have her in the Max way in the middle and the two boys on the outsides. I think it will fit better. We have a 2006 Toyota Camry. So they currently fit fine. It feels like I am not getting a great fit in the middle with the Max way, feels like it loosens fast, and it think it does not clip (the seatbelt so it loosens)

Thoughts would be appreciated. I have included a photo of our current set up and also the 2 carseats.

Attachments

• Britaxmulti.jpg
    Britaxmulti.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Britaxmax.jpg
    Britaxmax.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    20 KB · Views: 22
ADS

finn

Is the Multitech for your 6 year old? Will he be rear facing again? Could you buy a forward facing seat with a higher harness weight? The Britax two way elite harnesses to 25kg forward facing. I personally wouldn't use the Multitech forward facing as a booster, it's heavy, I prefer a lighter weight dedicated booster, it is also a really big/wide seat so you may have trouble getting 3 across using it.

penguingrooves

i don't have those carseats but have an older multitech and a hi-way 2. both are RFing, adjacent to each other. the MT leans back more, thus allowing the HW2 to sit/puzzle above the MT. this saved some precious inches to allow more space for the third person.

i'd put the oldest on the side which has only one seatbelt catch (the part where the seatbelt's tongue goes into to buckle). that way, there's no accidental pressing on the button to release the seatbelt used to hold the carseat next to the booster. i personally prefer to have the oldest sitting by the door for convenience reasons, instead of being trapped between two carseats.

i have the HW2 in the middle where you said the similar Max-Way doesn't work as well as you'd like. the MT can't be installed in the middle for my car, but maybe it can for you. like Finn, i also wouldn't use the MT forward-facing due to its weight.

i hope you like the new MT! i will say it's not very padded, but it's great for RFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC