Question 5 stepping

mping

Just curious, when did all your kids 5 step? My 10 1/2 year old does in most cars now at 4'11" and about 80 lbs. She's happy to use her Incognito still so she uses it in my car but I don't think she "needs" it. Meanwhile, my 8 yo is 40lbs so most likely will be in a booster until he's driving [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My eldest 5 steps in maybe 1 in 4 seating positions. She's 12 1/2. Average height (exactly 50th percentile) with long legs proportionally.

Dillipop

My 13 year old 5 steps in most seating positions now. The one position he doesn't fit in well is the middle of our third row with the belt coming from the ceiling but I think it is mostly because he is so skinny. If he had a little more meat on his bones, he'd fit fine. And even with the not awesome fit, he still 5 steps there. We just avoid him sitting there because I don't 100% love the fit. He is around 5'2" and 90 lbs, I think. He started 5 stepping at around 5'.

bnsnyde

At age 9, 59" and 80 something lbs. He just turned 10 and gave up the Incognito in his seating position, where he fits.

Other vehicles would be case by case.
My girl turning 9 though? She will be in a booster much longer as she is only 53" and 59 lbs. Not even heavy enough for the Incognito. She just started using a backless from highback. I am not crazy about that. Though her highback is not a tall one. So it was almost outgrown. And with our 3 in a row the Harmony Youth is a wonderful fit for the car and for her.

jjordan

My 10 year old 5-steps in 3 of the 5 back seat positions in our Ford Freestyle, but none of the seats in our van (only due to shoulder belt positioning in the 3rd row). I don't know her height offhand, but she's usually right around the 50th percentile, and proportioned a little longer in the torso than legs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC