Question LATCH manual question

mom of six

We just got a 1990 Honda Accord for our teenage driver. I would like to put at least one TA in it. I can see where the TA's are supposed to go. I would like to know if the LATCH manual specifies what size the bolt needs to be to fit the nut.

TIA

ADS

katymyers

It should just take Honda's standard tether anchor assembly. The part with everything you need is easily available from any Honda dealership for about $13. I want to say Honda calls it a plate assembly or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom of six

My concern is this in an OLD car. Will they really have somewhat obscure parts for a car that is 26 years old?

Also, I already have a generic anchor assembly. I just want to make sure I have the right bolt. I don't want to strip out the threads of the nut trying to put the wrong size in.

katymyers

The part is the same for all of their vehicles that have predrilled tether points. They do still have the part available. I ordered one for my 2002 Honda Odyssey for the third row, you could add extras for that vehicle up until model year 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom of six

OK, good to know. So many parts for that car hard to find. I did not expect the tether anchors to still be available.

Thanks

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep Honda still has them. :)

The Honda top tether anchor retrofit part number for all retrofittable Honda vehicles is 82410-SE3-C01, called a "plate assembly" by Honda, and costs approx. $13-18 per part at Honda dealers. Detailed installation instructions are in Honda models owner's manuals, not with the part. Tighten using a torque wrench (I got one for $12 at Harbor Freight.) The bolt should be tightened to 16 lb-ft (22 Nm). It's very easy. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC