Narrow car seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyful

So I've tried to make two other posts, but they haven't appeared yet. So I am hoping this one shows up.
I am getting my new car next month. It's a 2016 Volvo XC90. My 14 year old will ride shotgun and I want my 8, 5, and 2 year olds to sit across the second row. The seats that I currently own are a Graco TurboBooster, a Britax Parkway SG-L, a (soon to be expired) Graco MyRide, and a Cosco APT 50. 5 year old has some minor developmental delays and is not ready to ride in a booster. I want to get a Graco Wayz for him. What seat would be best for my 2 year old? He needs something with a good amount of padding because he fights when I try to put him into the APT 50 due to how skinny he his and how little padding the seat has. It also needs to be quite narrow. My 8 year old will be riding in the center in a booster and my 5 and 2 year olds will ride outboard. I'm looking to spend less than $200. I would love a long lasting seat that won't break the bank. $200 is the absolute most I want to spend. After buying the car our budget will be a little tight for the next several months. Any help is appreciated! Sorry for all the rambling! :)
Edit: It's probably important to mention that 2 year old is 32" and 26lbs. He's quite the peanut.

ADS

lgenne

Do you mean $200 total, or $200 for the 2 year old?

Is the 2 year old rear facing or forward facing?

lgenne

Then you're probably looking for a Graco "clone". The MySize/Size4Me/Fit4Me are all very plush and under $200. And narrow. They're also identical, other than the colors they're available in and which retailers carry them. The Graco Contender is even cheaper but less plush.

lgenne

The built in booster is certainly worth trying, but the other 2 are generally not great for buckling in side by side installs. If those don't work, boosters to consider:

1) Safety 1st Incognito (minimum weight is 60 pounds)
2) Harmony Youth Booster
3) Bubblebum

joyful

The built in booster is certainly worth trying, but the other 2 are generally not great for buckling in side by side installs. If those don't work, boosters to consider:

1) Safety 1st Incognito (minimum weight is 60 pounds)
2) Harmony Youth Booster
3) Bubblebum

Okay thank you! There is also a small chance that she will 5 Step there. (She's 4'11" and 73lbs)
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC