Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

(Almost) 4 yr olds, silly children

Sean, my youngest, will be 4 later this month. My mom has moved back in with us and she is transporting them to daycare and I'm picking them up. He almost refused to sit in his seat, a Radian RXT, because it's a different color than the RXT in my mom's van. It's grey instead of black....... Silly boy. Hopefully he'll get over it soon.

Quinn (Sept '09) Riding in an Amp and Harmony Big Boost
    Sean (Aug '12) FFing in 2 RXT's

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: (Almost) 4 yr olds, silly children

I've actually been surprised at how amenable DS was to the musical car seats that's been going on in our house lately. Luckily, I've never bought a seat in a "girl" color, so that probably helps.

Kids do get extra comfortable with certain things though.

Carseat Crazy

I'm not sure why it's showing a question prefix, lol. Today he told me he wants to put his black seat in my car and the grey one in Grandma's van. I may try that this week or weekend, depending on how tired I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyamah View Post
    I'm not sure why it's showing a question prefix, lol. Today he told me he wants to put his black seat in my car and the grey one in Grandma's van. I may try that this week or weekend, depending on how tired I am.
    lol...maybe the gray seat would match Grandma's car better?
    I suppose it could also be a heat retention thing, and logically he wants to be in the more comfortable seat most of the time.

Carseat Crazy

My car is blue and grandmas is tan... IDK. And I don't have air conditioning in my car. I think it's just preschooler stuff that they lack the vocabulary to explain to adults.