What's this? Safety 1st Ultramax

zeo2ski

I was looking for the 50 lb RF Safety 1st seat, I thought it was the something SLE+ ish-type name...I found Advance 65 SE+ which RF to 40 lbs, then the Ultramax and Grow and Go EX which both say 50 lbs. So obviously I'm way behind. But I did a quick search here and google and see no reviews for this Ultramax.

I was looking to compare the height to the Extend2Fit. My DC are very tall, especially in the torso. They have been outgrowing the Radian by height at about 4 years old RFing, 4.5-5 FFing. My trouble is when they have to go FFing I have top tether issues, plus width issues for the third row where the TT anchors are, so keeping them RFing as long as possible is the idea. Right now my almost 4 year old is RFing in the Radian but when she has to FF, it forces my 6 year old into a booster (or untethered harness). And I have 3 seats expiring in the next year and 4 (out of 6) kids outgrowing their current seat within the year, so I'm trying to plan the shuffle!

And maybe a bigger vehicle within that year also...

So what is the tallest 50 lb RFing seat?

ADS

lgenne

The Ultramax looks like a Grow & Go EX that turns into a backless booster, plus they've done rollover testing. But it apparently takes up a lot of front to back space, more than the G&G EX.

If you want tall, 50 lbs RF, and not too huge, I think the options are the Extend2Fit (regular or 3-in-1) and the Grow & Go EX.

I believe all the 50 lb Safety 1st seats

Kel

I've been wounded about this seat to. I like several thing about it. The full body foam, Steele frame, air wings, and a plushy cover.

Anyone know seating deapth and harness height?

zeo2ski

The Ultramax looks like a Grow & Go EX that turns into a backless booster, plus they've done rollover testing. But it apparently takes up a lot of front to back space, more than the G&G EX.

If you want tall, 50 lbs RF, and not too huge, I think the options are the Extend2Fit (regular or 3-in-1) and the Grow & Go EX.

I believe all the 50 lb Safety 1st seats

Huge doesn't matter for me (for rear facing, and it will remain rear facing as I pass it down through the younger kids). I just to know what is the tallest for RFing.

lgenne

Inside seat height (from the comparison page):

E2F: 27"
S1 Advance EX Air: 29"
Grow & Go EX: 27"

I can't find measurements for the others, but unless you have a super tall skinny kid, any of them will get you to 50 pounds. Here's a picture of my long-waisted, big-headed 58 lb 6.5 year old in the display E2F at Target, with plenty of growing room height-wise:

3669d2916b8446fb28e891b3a8f0fed5.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC