Anyone still useing a My Ride?

Kel

Hello all! I'm just wondering if anyone is still using a Graco My Ride RFing?

Baby boy is 11 days old and I'm debating still weather to buy a new convertible seat for him. I have a MR that he can go into when I get tired of the bucket seat. It was my DD's favorite seat for RFing.

I like some of the safety features of the new seats out,. ARB, safe cell, react, ect..

Is anyone else still using the older seats here? Or are you guys switching to newer seats with better features?

Seats I'm concidering are the Fllo or a blvd clicktight. Maybe a Graco e2f.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I personally do prefer an ARB, but if you HAVE the seat and like it I would use it at least until you decide what you really want and get a great deal on one.

Reactions: Kel

babyherder

I used a myride rf for my nanny girl until she outgrew it about a year ago. Then she used it ff until it was crashed a couple weeks ago. She asked for it back so I know she liked it. If she still fit Rf (and it wasn't crashed) I would have her in it rf with no concerns. I like the idea of rebound control but not enough to ditch a seat we like and already have.

walnutgold

Don't get me wrong, I loved the My Ride. It's the only seat DS2 can forward face in! However I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Graco Extend 2 Fit! Taller top harness slots, more recline options, and it lasts way longer rear facing. I would use the My Ride if you've got it, but with the single crotch strap positions little ones may need a rolled up towel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kel

Thanks everyone.
I've never had a seat with ARB. Does it add to stability?

I never considered that the MR only has,one buckle setting. My kids were older when they started using it. Hmmm...ill have to try him in it.

He can stay in his bucket for awhile. I'm just not a bucket lover. I find them a nuisance. Little man is tiny. He was born at 6 lbs 6oz and 18". So I'm guessing even if I switched him at say 5 months, he'll still be small. Although my other 4 boys all run between the 95%-off the charts. So I think eventually he'll take off.

Last edited:

griffinej5

Yup. My niece who is 3 on Sunday is still in the one I bought for her when she was a baby. I got it on clearance at target when she was a few months old. We have clones and extend 2 fits in other vehicles, and due to crash replacements, that's the oldest seat we have. She'll probably be in it till she outgrows it rf.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
An ARB is a benefit in a crash of certain types. Potentially. That's its only function.

jjordan

I generally use whatever seats I have until they are outgrown or expired. I feel like it would be a slippery slope for me to start justifying replacing perfectly good seats because something newer had some sort of appealing safety feature, you know? There will always be something new and amazing. :)

Kel

Yes I know what you mean. I've been on that slippery slope with car seats for years, lol. I've had tons of them. In the end I've ended up keeping the My ride and the FR 85. Also a CCO.

I keep wanting the newer features of the fllo. Then I go to the basement and see our MR all decked out in its Streamer cover just waiting for some love.

Ugh! Such a hard decision. . Think I'll research ARBs.

Kel

Don't get me wrong, I loved the My Ride. It's the only seat DS2 can forward face in! However I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Graco Extend 2 Fit! Taller top harness slots, more recline options, and it lasts way longer rear facing. I would use the My Ride if you've got it, but with the single crotch strap positions little ones may need a rolled up towel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have you had to wash the cover to the E2fit?

katymyers

I sold both of mine but I did hang on to one long enough for my youngest to use it. I liked them well enough rear facing but hated them forward facing. If you like it though, keep it. I still absolutely love my Boulevard G3s and haven't been the least bit tempted by newer seats (even now that I'm officially not allowed to tether them rear facing). Those seats will undoubtedly be used by me until they expire or are completely outgrown by all my children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kel

I sold both of mine but I did hang on to one long enough for my youngest to use it. I liked them well enough rear facing but hated them forward facing. If you like it though, keep it. I still absolutely love my Boulevard G3s and haven't been the least bit tempted by newer seats (even now that I'm officially not allowed to tether them rear facing). Those seats will undoubtedly be used by me until they expire or are completely outgrown by all my children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I also really liked the g3's. And their covers!

danceintherain

I agree about the slippery slope. I would probably at least start out using the seat, and only replace it if I got an excellent deal on something else.

In fact, I just recently figured out that one of my son's seats expired (his first convertible :-( ) and he outgrew the harnessed weight for the other one (I thought I had a Maestro when it was actually a Chase). So I flipped around the Radian his sister was using, and she's in the Cosco Scenera NEXT, until I decide what my next move will be. I currently have 3 unusable seats in my garage, and I'm hoping BRU does another trade-in event, so I can take advantage of the coupons.

I actually just returned a Nautilus I bought, because I decided we could manage fine with what we already have. It wasn't exactly what I wanted anyway.
My biggest problem is compatibility in our cars.

Keeanh

I used a MR from when I bought it in early 2010 until it expired last December. It appears to have good rebound control due to the shape of the seat. The change to meet Canadian anti-rebound standards in 2012 was very very small.

Kel

I used a MR from when I bought it in early 2010 until it expired last December. It appears to have good rebound control due to the shape of the seat. The change to meet Canadian anti-rebound standards in 2012 was very very small.

Thank you. I knew that Canada changed theirs but didn't realize It was a miner change. Do you know what the change was?

I like that the MR has deep sides. Baby will be out board without air bags. It's my main concern about switching him the say a fllo or Diono. Lack of SIP. I know thats not proven yet, but the MR just ''looks'' safe.

Kel

I guess I could RF him in the MR. Then see what the come out with for ffing down the road.

If I'm correct, his MR should take him until 3 yrs 5 months before expiring.

I do LOVE the space print on the fllo. I just wish it had deeper sides. Also, I'm wondering how roomy it is ffing...looks a little cramped?

LKuepfer

I love our My Ride and am so sad it's expiring this Dec. Its so easy to install, light and easy to carry and so reclined and comfy..took my DD2 to four years old rear facing! But my 16 month old son is taller so to replace with a My Ride I'm scared he wouldn't make it to four.

Keeanh

Thank you. I knew that Canada changed theirs but didn't realize It was a miner change. Do you know what the change was?

I like that the MR has deep sides. Baby will be out board without air bags. It's my main concern about switching him the say a fllo or Diono. Lack of SIP. I know thats not proven yet, but the MR just ''looks'' safe.

If I'm remembering correctly, they screwed on a little lump of plastic in front of the cupholders. You can't even tell by looking at pictures with the cover on.

Kel

Thank you both.
A little lump of plastic does sound pretty minor... add the nice deep shell and I think I feel pretty safe. I really feel I need that deep shell without side curtain airbags.

Ok then....think ill sticking with it.

Thank you all for reassuring me yet again. I appreciate it.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I adore the MR. It is my favorite RFing seat... full stop. I bought literally the first one in my city in May of '09 and it was in use almost constantly until it expired in December (branching over multiple kids/families/positions.) NannyBaby (3y when I stopped watching her) picked it over a variety of other, pricier seats offered to her on more than one occasion. She used it starting at 4mos. I kept buying other stuff... and we'd end up with the trusty MR.

BTW I was asked about my favorite carseats at my interview for my current position (as a CPST) and I'm pretty sure my interviewer thought I was nuts when I said MyRide & ProSport. I did tell him ahead of time that I had weird favorites. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC