Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

2008 Pontiac torrent/Chevy Equinox...convertible help?

I was fully sold on the extend2fit for the weight limit and the way it was made not to take up sooo much room for the front driver/passenger...also the other features. But I have read review after review saying for some it pushes the babies head forward causing bad head slump :/ my Dd is 4 months old and she definitely doesn't need any of that. I expect to put her in a convertible in 1-2months, as she's beginning to get annoyed with being in her rotat bsafe 35 because of its narrowness. So I'm looking at other options. I'm just looking for a safe and comfy convertible that is preferably below $300 or around this area. My ds sits in a incognito booster beside her.
    Also, Dd is 15/16lbs at just turning 4months today, If that gives you an idea how she's growing for a weight limit. I would love to keep her RF til at least 2+...ds grew so fast so I'm Not sure if she's going to follow that pattern or not.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2008 Pontiac torrent/Chevy Equinox...convertible help?

Also, the torrent is practically the same as the Equinox.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Carseat Crazy

There are many recline levels on the Extend2fit, I can't imagine head slump is an issue RF! In all fairness we don't own one, we do have a Graco 4Ever that I love & is super compact. 40lbs RF limit will get most kids to 3 or 4 years RF.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I think the 4ever is wider than the extend2fir, I'll have to look into that. The 4ever is definitely a seat in interested in thanks!

Any other Recs? Or can someone just give a testimonial on the pros/cons on these seats? Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device