What's the best jogging stroller

brightredmtn

I'm just starting to learn about jogging strollers. I'm in the market for a true jogging stroller to jog with. So what's the best and what's the best in the $200 range? Can Phil and Ted's be used for jogging? I've heard about BOBs too...

It would be great too if it had cup holders, snack tray, basket etc... or does that take away from something being really for jogging?

TIA!

ADS

seamonkeys

I use my P&T when jogging/running at Baby Boot Camp. And I actually don't even lock the front wheel!! Downside is obviously it's more than $200. But I actually got mine new on ebay last Jan for $100 cheaper than normal, so it's possible to find a deal. The plus on getting the P&T is you're ready if you plan to have another baby within 2-3 yrs of the 1st.

P&T doesn't have cup holders, or a snack tray (don't think any joggers do) for the kid. My solution: the BOB handle bar console that has 2 places for cups, and a zip pocket. Also bought the Siena Snack Tray (www.carryyou.com), though it was hitting my 3 yr-old's legs. Haven't tried it yet with DS2 since he's not quite old enough to need it. I also bought the single mesh cup holder from the same website. It was great to hang off the side of the front bar so my toddler had his drink close to him, and then I have the other 2 for me and DS2.

Overall, love my P&T!

lovinwaves

BOB
Baby Jogger
Dreamer Design
Mountain Buggy

If you are seriously jogging then you need a fixed front wheel. If you want to have a swivel AND fixed wheel then I would get a BOB. Their front wheels locks forward and they do allow jogging with their strollers.

You never want to jog without the front wheel locked. It can be very dangerous. Think of the "shopping cart" wheel effect and you going head over the stroller..yeah not purdy, and definitely not safe for the kiddoes :thumbsdown:

If you do decide on a stroller that has a front swivel wheel that can be locked be sure and call the manufacture to see if they "recommend" jogging. The problem is that most of them are designed to handle that hard pounding...ie:adjustable handlebar could snap..frame could bend...bouncy jerky ride for kiddoes...

katiebug

BOB SUS. We love it! It doesn't have the swivel wheel but is better for jogging. I have another stroller to use for shopping, etc.

sophiesmum

I really wanted a BOB but we just couldn't afford it this past summer. Instead I got a Schwinn Free Wheeler (I think I got it for $175 on Walmart.com). I seriously love it. I can marginally tell a difference in the suspension of a BOB (have a couple of friends who have the BOB) but I do think the Schwinn is a great alternative if you don't want to fork over the dough. I actually got it because joggingstroller.com rated it as basically the best cheaper alternative to a BOB. My daughter likes it better than any other stroller and I find it very fun to 'drive'. Hope this helps.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I have a Schwinn Safari. I basically needed a stroller with pneumatic tires and a swivel front wheel option since we have 8 acres to walk on and no sidewalks. I also had to stay on the less expensive side, I got it through Costco.com for 159.99 - but that was about a year and a half ago. I've never jogged with it - just pushed on rough terrain. Oh, and it does have cup holders (pretty tiny), a basket, and a snack tray. I think it's a great stroller for the price.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

If I was looking at a stroller for jogging I would definately get one with a fixed front wheel. I have a Bob Revolution and love it. It is $350 and has a swivel wheel. I don't jog I just fast walk and it works great for that or for the mall too.

Last edited:

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
All of the schwinns are either fixed in straight position, or allow you to switch between swivel and locked options. If a stroller doesn't allow you to lock the front wheel, then it's not a jogging stroller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC