My Fllo is loose again (Odyssey)

bnsnyde

I thought I'd make a new thread here because I need some tips! I am stumped.

My RF Fllo (outboard driver side 2011 Odyssey) will not stay tight. I install with a seatbelt. Anti-rebound bar is on. The seat is from 2015 but I bought the new lockoffs to see if that helped, and it did not.

I noticed it would get loose periodically. And I'd get a tight install before this happened, so I know it was in there OK. There is no mat under the seat.

Last week I took it to a seat check and 2 current techs got a VERY solid install. That seat would not budge. I was so happy.
Literally one week later...the lap portion of the belt is floppy like jello (where it feeds into lockoff). Seat is not tight. Again.

I am confused!!!! I saw another thread about this same seat, in the same position, of the same van, so I wanted to ask around, to solve this problem. Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

It's in a captain's chair, right? Could one of your kids be messing with the position of the captain's chair? Reclining it or sliding it back?

What about a LATCH install? Is the occupant still under the weight limit?

bnsnyde

We have to do belt due to her weight.

No kids touched the seat. No one was near it. Nothing happened to it. It just loosened like jello from a good install at the seat check. Does the same for me over time. This time, though, it happened in a week!

I am simply confused. I know how to install seats, so what on earth??!!!!:eek:

It looks like it somehow the locking clips are not keeping the belt tight in position, just a guess. It has to be that, since that is the only point where it could loosen. ??? Not sure.

lgenne

Do you have any chalk? Reinstall tightly. Make a chalk mark somewhere that makes it obvious where the belt is positioned now. The next time it happens, check the chalk before you reinstall. (Or it never happens again, and it remains a mystery. But your car seat is installed well!)

Dillipop

Didn't Clek ok bypassing the lockoffs and just locking the belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

Not sure.
I have tried locking the belt before but that didn't do the trick either.

Maybe something with the lockoffs?

bnsnyde

OK! So playing with the angle helped.
I had to get the angle at a sweet spot, and rock it side to side to pretend I am a 3 YO climbing in. That worked pretty well.

I will check again because it never stays perfectly tight but I see what was happening. The base has a lot of potential side to side motion going on...compounded by a child climbing in. Hard to explain.

It is TIGHT right now. The thing is, the angle seems like it can slip up or down, if that makes sense, over time. Which could impact how tight my install stays. Based on the rebound bar, etc. That's all I've got for now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC