What to get DD? Canada

birdflippin'

DH had his car written off due to mouse damage and I need to get replacement seats for our new to us Dodge ram 1500 quad cab. I plan on getting my boys the same boosters, harmony dreamtime 2. DD was in a radian forward facing. She is 4 years old, 35lbs, with a 13 inch torso. I am allowed a similar price point seat for reimbursement, but feel it's a bit overkill since I don't need a rear facing seat anymore.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Britax Frontier ClickTight!

• install is dreamy! - less than 30 seconds I kid you not!!
  • no head slump
  • comfy
  • good sized cupholders
  • recline and more upright setting in harnessed mode
  • cover can be removed to wash without uninstalling the seat
  • can convert to booster mode and back without removing the harness - could come in handy in certain situations since you have older boostered kids
  • no-rethread harness and can adjust while the seat is installed
  • converts to booster
You could also look at a Harmony Defender. Seems to have great features for the price point. I just wish the colours offered weren't so terrible.

geekKT

If you had any reason to think radian again, I'd try it before you buy it. I drive an f150 so obviously a completely different truck but I find the somewhat uprightness of the trucks seats give me a hard time with an install I like of a FF radian. RF I have no issues.

I'm also about to ditch our Nauti because of continual slump issues and I suspect the angle of the seats aren't helping my problem.

Beyond that I'm not much help!

MUTigers

I'd suggest the frontier too. I'd just double check the install. I have issues with the head rest in an expedition, I don't know what the head rests are like in your truck but make sure they don't interfere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC