Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

FF and boostered kids : sleeping

I've seen everything from bungee cords to pillows advertised to help a kid who's sleeping in the car. I'm preparing to make a rather long trip sans hubby to entertain kids, and would like to do it at night when they're mostly sleeping. I'm not concerned for the RF'ers, but I have one in a FF carseat and one in a booster. Is there anything that's actually *safe* to use that I could use to keep them comfortable / from falling over while sleeping?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: FF and boostered kids : sleeping

Can you get a highback booster? My booster rider sleeps nicely in the Parkway. And as a bonus, my non-bolstered passenger can put a pillow on the outside of it to sleep against and it keeps her upright rather and not sleeping against the window.

Edit, didn't see you were looking for the harnessed child too. We don't really have an issue in any of the FF seats we've had. They just lean their heads to the side. Sometimes the little one uses a small fleece blanket between her head and the side of the seat.
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 07-25-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

My 6 year old has never had trouble sleeping in a car with a harness.

He hasn't be tested in that regard in a booster yet, but I've seen a recommendation to put some kind of sticker on the ceiling, so they know to look up when they're falling asleep.

How old is the child in booster? I would not be concerned about the RF and harnessed kids but depending on the age of the kid in a booster I would consider re-harnessing for this overnight trip. It's easy even for adults for belts to slip out of position when sleeping.