FF and boostered kids : sleeping

deanna1ynne

I've seen everything from bungee cords to pillows advertised to help a kid who's sleeping in the car. I'm preparing to make a rather long trip sans hubby to entertain kids, and would like to do it at night when they're mostly sleeping. I'm not concerned for the RF'ers, but I have one in a FF carseat and one in a booster. Is there anything that's actually *safe* to use that I could use to keep them comfortable / from falling over while sleeping?

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Can you get a highback booster? My booster rider sleeps nicely in the Parkway. And as a bonus, my non-bolstered passenger can put a pillow on the outside of it to sleep against and it keeps her upright rather and not sleeping against the window.

Edit, didn't see you were looking for the harnessed child too. We don't really have an issue in any of the FF seats we've had. They just lean their heads to the side. Sometimes the little one uses a small fleece blanket between her head and the side of the seat.

Last edited:

danceintherain

My 6 year old has never had trouble sleeping in a car with a harness.

He hasn't be tested in that regard in a booster yet, but I've seen a recommendation to put some kind of sticker on the ceiling, so they know to look up when they're falling asleep.

DebOberg

How old is the child in booster? I would not be concerned about the RF and harnessed kids but depending on the age of the kid in a booster I would consider re-harnessing for this overnight trip. It's easy even for adults for belts to slip out of position when sleeping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC