Question Britax Frontier -Comfort of seat?

elsie5

Hi, I like the Click tight thing but am I the only one to have a problem with the comfort of the seat? Because of the Click tight compartment, the part where they sit is divided in 2 and so is the padding and it seems like the padding of the click tight compartment doesn't cover the crack and part of the plastic near the crack, so my kid can feel the plastic and crack at the junction.
Is that normal? Should I call Britax?

Everyone else with the Frontier has padding that covers well the whole seat?

ADS

lgenne

Has your kid complained about it? I've had a kid in a Frontier CT for years now (2ish, I think). I know what you're talking about, but he's never complained.

Dillipop

Hi, I like the Click tight thing but am I the only one to have a problem with the comfort of the seat? Because of the Click tight compartment, the part where they sit is divided in 2 and so is the padding and it seems like the padding of the click tight compartment doesn't cover the crack and part of the plastic near the crack, so my kid can feel the plastic and crack at the junction.
Is that normal? Should I call Britax?

Everyone else with the Frontier has padding that covers well the whole seat?

My kid wasn't bothered by it in day to day usage usually but had major issues with it on long trips. We sold the seat and now use our BLVD clicktight for long trips. But she still has a short enough torso to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elsie5

He did not complain yet... but we only did very short trips like driving from home to daycare (10 minutes)... we'll see.
I think it's weird for such an expensive seat that they didn't think to cover the plastic more...

MUTigers

We have 2 frontiers and I *think* I know what you're talking about but I'd have to go check the seats to be sure. Anyway, we just did a 24 hour round trip with no complaints from DD. We're about to do another 24 hour round trip and I'd be surprised if we get any complaints then either. We do 1.5 hour each way a few times a month and never any complaints.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm not sure what you mean about the crack. If you lift the cover on ours, it is foam down to the top of the clicktight compartment but I see no crack. Then there is a padded cover that goes over the clicktight compartment and overlaps the foam underneath. Then the patterned part of cover come from the top and covers the foam and also overlaps the part of the cover that is over the clicktight.

I've actually been worried about too much padding in that area. It seems there is too much bulk in the middle of my kid's back but we haven't travelled any extensive length of time in the Frontiers yet. Britax even put the manual pocket under the patterned part of the cover so it would add yet another layer of bulk in the SAME spot. So it would be foam, padded cover that comes from bottom, then manual in pocket behind the padded cover from the top. What were they thinking?

MUTigers

I think she means on the seat bottom where the panel lifts up. Like I said, we've never had a complaint. I know what you're talking about too though. I can't put the manual back there because DD complains.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I actually just posted a question about this. I've been searching for help/answers. We love this car seat for so many reasons, but with summer we have been taking longer car trips. as soon as we hit about an hour or an hour and fifteen minutes in, my almost 6 year old starts complaining about his bottom hurting. I can tell it really hurts him! The seat portion of the car seat has a section about 1/2 way back that is just a hard piece of plastic sticking up (covered by a thin layer of fabric) and that might be it but I don't really know which part of his bottom hurts! Anyway, feeling frustrated and looking for a solution. Maybe I need to buy a different car seat? I know it's considered unsafe to add padding but I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Cady

elsie5

Yes that's what I mean, the bottom (horizontal) part of the seat, the crack created by the horizontal part of he Clicktights, between the Clicktight compartment and the crotch buckle, I can feel the plastic of the edge on each side of the crack..

Attachments

• Frontier.JPG
    Frontier.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 28

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oh! I haven't noticed that myself but I'll check it out later today. I haven't yet had a complaint about that either and hopefully it remains that way. ;)

MUTigers

I checked ours too. There is a spot where the padding is basically non existent. We just got back from a 24 hour round trip. There were only two complaints about a sore butt but sitting cross cross fixed it.

elsie5

So I contacted Britax to ask if maybe there was a defect with the padding of my seat that doesn't cover the whole plastic surface of the bottom part of the seat and that my son can feel the plastic (I was thinking, because my seat is a 2014, maybe they are aware of the problem and I got fixed and they could send me a newer version of the cover of the seat..?) and their answer was: " this is the way the seat is designed".... So I guess we will have to live with that for the next 7 years...

katymyers

Ours is the same way, it never bothered any of the kids I've had in that seat. Most say it's the comfiest seat they've ever used. We've gone on twelve hour road trips with it and not gotten any complaints.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC