Considering a 2006 Buick LaCrosse cxs

U

Unregistered

We are considering buying the car above and have a 1 year old son. It has rear airbags but did not get a good rear impact rating. Would a 2005 Camry be a better choice? Many thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

katymyers

According to informed for life, the ratings on those two vehicles aren't significantly different. If that's what's available in your area within your budget, I personally wouldn't worry about your son that much. Having him properly secured in the backseat in a rear facing car seat will make him very safe, probably the safest person in the whole vehicle, and if he's your only child you can put him in the center seat which has an even greater safety advantage. One thing I will say though is that the Toyota will have rear head rests and the Buick does not, that's extremely important for any adult passengers you may carry in the back and, if you keep the vehicle long enough, you'll need those when your son eventually graduates to a backless booster seat. In my experience Toyotas are also more reliable. I'd weigh those things against price, mileage, and vehicle condition to come to a decision.
ETA: here's the informed for life link http://www.informedforlife.org/demos/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/MasterSCORE2010nov10.pdf
And graphics showing stats for both the Toyota and Buick.
999d99b5a5be80653174e92bc9a0dcd2.png
e43abdfd9e66b002bfb63d9ab8753310.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC