Question which 3 in 1? - Canada

ADS
U

Unregistered

The Nautilus is probably a more reliable belt fit in booster mode, but any booster kind of is until you try it in your car with your child. Booster fit is ALL about how the seat belt fits. The Nautilus also becomes a backless but by the time you get to that stage chances are high you will want an inexpensive backless. My oldest actually hates using any booster with gaps at the back intended for attachment of a high back. But, to each his or her own!

The Nautilus has a single tether strap versus the V-shape of the Britax. Sometimes that makes for an easier fit in some vehicles. Some kids are prone to head slump in the Nautilus when they are sleeping.

Ok it might be worth keeping the Nautilus in case it has a better belt fit than the Frontier... I'm also worried about the crotch strap problem ( I have the one with 2 slots) ... I want to harnest as long as possible and I'm scared I'll reach a point where it's uncomfortable for my son... does that really happen often?
Posted via Mobile Device

elsie5

If you car seat experts had a choice for a short and skinny kid who will probably not reach booster stage before 6, would you rather get a SureRide and then a dedicated booster like the Turbobooster, get a Nautilus, or get a Frontier?

jwilliams

I'll second the Tranzitions. I like using and installing it more than the Sureride or the Pioneer. It looks like it is going to provide the same widely good belt fit as the Turbobooster. My 39" 35lb 4yo fits nicely in it and finds it comfy. Lots of height left even with a long torso!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elsie5

I'll second the Tranzitions. I like using and installing it more than the Sureride or the Pioneer. It looks like it is going to provide the same widely good belt fit as the Turbobooster. My 39" 35lb 4yo fits nicely in it and finds it comfy. Lots of height left even with a long torso!

Ok, it looks like a nice option! But I might wait and hope that they release different colors than that bright green one soon... I think that's the only one available in Canada..

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=86141316

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I like it - and I like the Defender a lot too. I haven't tried the Tranzitions in booster mode but it looks like it will be much easier to use as a booster than will the Defender.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The Tranzitions is on sale at BRU right now for $189.99. Much better than $240 but still way more than the exchange on the US$99 price tag!

I got one. It was easy to install. I used UAS and was able to tighten the seat without having to jam knees into it. My child says it's comfy. It is really, really easy to tighten the harness. Super smooth.

elsie5

The Tranzitions is on sale at BRU right now for $189.99. Much better than $240 but still way more than the exchange on the US$99 price tag!

I got one. It was easy to install. I used UAS and was able to tighten the seat without having to jam knees into it. My child says it's comfy. It is really, really easy to tighten the harness. Super smooth.

Ha good price (for Canada)! Thank you.
How's the recline? Looks pretty up right...how does it compare to the Frontier?
Posted via Mobile Device

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ha good price (for Canada)! Thank you.
How's the recline? Looks pretty up right...how does it compare to the Frontier?
Posted via Mobile Device

The recline is fine for the vehicle we need it in because there is some slope to the seats.

Well I am a Frontier fan. I have 2 in the other 2 vehicles. It is not the quality of the Frontier, but it is also not crap at all. It is actually good quality, it just doesn't offer the Frontier features. Seeing at is basically half the price of the Frontier (or less when on sale), it really is quite nice. It's just more "no frills" I guess.

It is much lighter than the Frontier, the harness tightens WAY easier than the Frontier and it's narrower. So those are 3 advantages. Nothing beats the ClickTight install so while it isn't that easy to install, I found it easier to get tight than a Nautilus.

elsie5

The recline is fine for the vehicle we need it in because there is some slope to the seats.

Well I am a Frontier fan. I have 2 in the other 2 vehicles. It is not the quality of the Frontier, but it is also not crap at all. It is actually good quality, it just doesn't offer the Frontier features. Seeing at is basically half the price of the Frontier (or less when on sale), it really is quite nice. It's just more "no frills" I guess.

It is much lighter than the Frontier, the harness tightens WAY easier than the Frontier and it's narrower. So those are 3 advantages. Nothing beats the ClickTight install so while it isn't that easy to install, I found it easier to get tight than a Nautilus.

But I meant how does it compare to the Frontier in terms of recline?
Posted via Mobile Device

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
But I meant how does it compare to the Frontier in terms of recline?
Posted via Mobile Device

Can't say as I don't have it installed in the same vehicle as I do the Frontiers. ;) And I have never had a Frontier installed in the vehicle the Tranzitions is in. I just know that it is better than the Nautilus in this vehicle in regard to head positioning.

elsie5

Can't say as I don't have it installed in the same vehicle as I do the Frontiers. ;) And I have never had a Frontier installed in the vehicle the Tranzitions is in. I just know that it is better than the Nautilus in this vehicle in regard to head positioning.

How come is it cheaper than the Nautilus, has all the same features but seems much nicer and better?
Posted via Mobile Device

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
How come is it cheaper than the Nautilus, has all the same features but seems much nicer and better?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's blow moulded plastic which I presume is cheaper to make. The Nautilus is regular plastic and steel bars. The Nautilus is much heavier and has the fancy arm rests with integrated cupholder and cubby. The Tranzitions cup holders are smaller and not as substantial. And the Tranzitions doesn't have multiple recline options.

Last edited:

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's blow moulded plastic which I presume is cheaper to make. The Nautilus is regular plastic and steel bars. The Nautilus is much heavier and has the fancy arm rests with integrated cupholder and cubby. The Tranzitions cup holders are smaller and not as substantial.

Also, at least in the US, the buckles are different. The Tranzitions uses the same buckle as the Dorel seats whereas the Nautilus uses the IMMI buckle. Not a big deal unless you have a preference for one over the other.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Also, at least in the US, the buckles are different. The Tranzitions uses the same buckle as the Dorel seats whereas the Nautilus uses the IMMI buckle. Not a big deal unless you have a preference for one over the other.

My Tranzitions and Nautilus have the exact same buckle. My Nautilus buckle is the replacement Graco sent me for the buckle recall.

Pixelated

My Tranzitions and Nautilus have the exact same buckle. My Nautilus buckle is the replacement Graco sent me for the buckle recall.

It's not the buckle shown in this one? http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=85173736

The Tranzitions I have has this buckle (same as the Scenera NEXT) http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index...15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

Fascinating.

I've found the Tranzitions to be relatively easy to install and use as well but have only had it in use for a couple of days.

elsie5

So today I went to babies R Us and although I like the Tranzitions better than the Nautilus, I think I like better the option of having the SureRide and after the Turbobooster. First as a harnest seat, I think the SureRide looks more comfortable (the Tranzition is VERY up right!) and as a booster I like the fact that in the Turbobooster, the junction between the back part and the bottom part of the seat is flexible which seems like it would adjust well to the natural inclinaison of te seat of the car, whereas in the Tranzitions the seat's 90 degres angle is fixed....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It's not the buckle shown in this one? http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=85173736

The Tranzitions I have has this buckle (same as the Scenera NEXT) http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index...15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

Fascinating.

I've found the Tranzitions to be relatively easy to install and use as well but have only had it in use for a couple of days.

Nope. It's not the square buckle. Exactly like the Tranzitions buckle. I just got the buckle early January this year. I wasn't expecting to use the Nautilus in harassed mode again so didn't do the buckle recall when it was announced. I ordered the buckle in October from the online form but somehow my order got lost so I followed up on Boxing Day and they sent me a new one out then.

Pixelated

...I like the fact that in the Turbobooster, the junction between the back part and the bottom part of the seat is flexible which seems like it would adjust well to the natural inclinaison of te seat of the car, whereas in the Tranzitions the seat's 90 degres angle is fixed....

I'm pretty sure you can click the Tranzitions back a notch if needed, when in booster mode. I was wrong. I don't have the manual in front of me but recall seeing that. But your plan is a solid one and I think you'll be happy! The SureRide keeps getting more and more plush, and you can also call Evenflo and order harness covers for about $10 shipped too, which is a nice add on :)

Nope. It's not the square buckle. Exactly like the Tranzitions buckle. I just got the buckle early January this year. I wasn't expecting to use the Nautilus in harassed mode again so didn't do the buckle recall when it was announced. I ordered the buckle in October from the online form but somehow my order got lost so I followed up on Boxing Day and they sent me a new one out then.

Huh. Chalk that up as the thing I learned today!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC