Question which 3 in 1? - Canada

elsie5

I'm pretty sure you can click the Tranzitions back a notch if needed, when in booster mode. I don't have the manual in front of me but recall seeing that. But your plan is a solid one and I think you'll be happy! The SureRide keeps getting more and more plush, and you can also call Evenflo and order harness covers for about $10 shipped too, which is a nice add on :)

Huh. Chalk that up as the thing I learned today!

What do you mean click the Tranzitions back a notch ?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

elsie5

I'm pretty sure you can click the Tranzitions back a notch if needed, when in booster mode. I don't have the manual in front of me but recall seeing that. But your plan is a solid one and I think you'll be happy! The SureRide keeps getting more and more plush, and you can also call Evenflo and order harness covers for about $10 shipped too, which is a nice add on :)

Huh. Chalk that up as the thing I learned today!

Good to know about the harness covers for the Sureride, I asked Evenflo to have some for the Symphony anf they sait no....
Posted via Mobile Device

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What do you mean click the Tranzitions back a notch ?
Posted via Mobile Device

There's a bit of play in the connection between the seat back and seat bottom. I could have sworn I read it in the manual that it could be slightly reclined but now I can't find it. Please disregard!

elsie5

There's a bit of play in the connection between the seat back and seat bottom. I could have sworn I read it in the manual that it could be slightly reclined but now I can't find it. Please disregard!

Ok ;-) let us know if you find it!
Posted via Mobile Device

elsie5

I see what you mean by click it back! I went beck to see it this morning and it's a little bit like the Turbobooster (the junction between the vertical and horizontal parts is flexible) not as flexible but you can click back the seat back and it gives it some recline! What would it be like that if not to be used to adapt to the angle of different seats of different cars? I didn't see mention of it anywhere in the manual...

How could we find the information? (to know if the seat absolutely has to be used in the most upright position)

elsie5

It's blow moulded plastic which I presume is cheaper to make. The Nautilus is regular plastic and steel bars. The Nautilus is much heavier and has the fancy arm rests with integrated cupholder and cubby. The Tranzitions cup holders are smaller and not as substantial. And the Tranzitions doesn't have multiple recline options.

Ok, so maybe in a crash the Nautilus could perform better than the Tranzitions? Also 10 years life span against 7 for the Tranzition... 2 points for the Nauti right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Ok, so maybe in a crash the Nautilus could perform better than the Tranzitions?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think there is any evidence that blow molded plastic is less effective than regular plastic and steel. It is a new and cost-saving technology, but it isn't considered less effective as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
When I got it I was like "WTH? never seen a buckle like this before!" (have owned only Britax and Graco harnessed seats in the last 10 years) I hope that means they actually tested the Nautilus with that buckle!

I couldn't help myself, I asked if this was a thing, and the distributor for Graco in Canada says yes, there was a batch of replacement Nautilus buckles that were the same as the current Tranzitions buckle. To be clear - I didn't doubt you, I wondered if it was an error on their end because I'd never heard of it before!

elsie5

18 " harness (Tranzitions) should get my 30 lbs, 38 inches tall (short;-)), 14-14.5 shoulder height tiny boy safely to 40 pounds to switch to booster? If kids gain about 4 lbs a year and 1 inch torso than in 2.5 years (+10 lbs = 40 lbs) his shoulder height should be about 17 "?
Posted via Mobile Device

jwilliams

Yes, the Tranzitions should get him to 40lb. since he is fairly petite and does not have a super long torso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC