Input on Volvo XC70 integrated booster seats?

AnnieW625

I am going to have to replace my VW Passat TDI and am looking at Volvo and the XC70 has the integrated booster seats. I am interested in these mainly for my 10 yr. old who I anticipate needed some kind of booster until she is 12 or 13 (she uses the Safety First Incognito) as she is 55" tall and maybe 65lbs., but because none of her friends are in boosters she doesn't want to be either (she is okay in a belt in the 3rd row of a mini van, a Yukon XL, and our Pilot). My 6 yr. old is still happily harnessed in her Frontier 90 (and a Peg Perego 120 HBB in our Pilot), but it might be a nice option to have so I don't have to worry about having extra boosters if I ever carpool as well. Dd2 is 48" and about 48lbs.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

careynj

The limits are quite low, I believe 80 pounds and 53". I found mine to provide good fit, it's just short lived.

AnnieW625

The limits are quite low, I believe 80 pounds and 53". I found mine to provide good fit, it's just short lived.

I would be surprised if my Dd1 hits 80lbs before she turns 12 in 21 months, but I will check the height fit before we buy the car as well. I also bet though that the Volvo shoulder belt will fit a child better than other brands because Volvo just seems to think about these things, but again I am being vigilant about keeping Dd1 low back boostered (and later Dd2) as long as possible because she will be safer.

I think booster wise there is a it difference between an 79 lb 8 yr. old 50-55" kid who might still need a booster due to maturity vs. a 79 lb 10 to 12 yr. old who is okay without a booster most likely due to height and maturity so I had never planned on having my kids in high back boosters till 12 or 13 or whatever 100-120 lbs is equal to. I think a low back like the Incognito works well for that age; but I know I might be in the minority here on that thought though.

This link has the weight limits on it, but no height limits. I also like that it has two stages vs. one although at this point based on Dd2's height both of my girls would be in the stage 1 booster. It is usual from 33 to 79lbs.
http://support.volvocars.com/uk/car...5w46&article=fcd21748076e4869c0a801e8009e5f34
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Remember that height or age don't mean anything in and of themselves- the 5-step test is the only way to know when a booster isn't needed. :) My 12 1/2 year old still needs one in most (though not all) vehicle seating positions. I agree that a backless is perfectly appropriate at her age though. :)

AnnieW625

Remember that height or age don't mean anything in and of themselves- the 5-step test is the only way to know when a booster isn't needed. :) My 12 1/2 year old still needs one in most (though not all) vehicle seating positions. I agree that a backless is perfectly appropriate at her age though. :)

Yes so far Dd1 only passes in the third row of the vehicles I mentioned above. I don't remember being comfortable in shoulder belts until I was 5'4" and 13 and (almost my full adult height of 5'5") tall in my parents Chevy Caprice wagon. I hated the shoulder belts when they first got that car in 1989 right before I turned 12. I tell my Dd1 this all of the time.

bnsnyde

It is so cool for little kids! And I mean little.

We got stranded in serious heat in a parking lot at camp with 3 kids (flat tire).
A wonderful soul drove us home. Me, and my 3 kids. Baby was in an infant seat so I just buckled it in for a baseless install. 8 YO grabbed her backless from the van, but I didn't think 6 YO's wider backless would fit (as the woman had 2 kids in seats herself).

Well...6 YO used that built in booster. I was floored. How perfect, right? It was great.

Now, I had NO idea it had low limits. He might be over 53 inches actually and is close to age 7 and very tall. But anyway...it provided an excellent fit from what I saw. But I did remember thinking it would never work for my 10 YO. He was in an Incognito until a few weeks ago, and now fits the adult belt (but is bigger than your 10 YO).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC