Best child/booster or booster for car with immovable headrests (Hyundai Accent)

anne-girl

We recently moved my 6yo to a Peg Perego booster (42 lbs, 45", long in the torso and outgrown his Peg convertible), and we're looking for a seat for the second car. We didn't go for a child/booster right away because it was a collision replacement and needed to be cheaper than the last seat.

My son is sitting properly in his booster as long as he's awake (although it's a little deep for his legs, so he sits cross-legged), so it would be nice to have a child/booster seat to harness him for long trips when he's likely to fall asleep. However, reviews don`t say much about performance in booster mode on child/booster seats.

The headrests in the Hyundai Accent (2010) don't move (they're molded foam and curve in toward the head) so I'm concerned about fit as well as outgrowing. If I understand what I'm reading, some of the HBBs on the market, including my Peg, will be outgrown as soon as his ears are at the same height as the car headrest. Am I interpreting this correctly? Nobody at any store I've been to has heard of this problem.

I believe the Britax booster can be used without headrest support, but my son had an "ick" response to the slick fabric. Does anybody know if all the colours have the same type of fabric? Would the Graco Turbobooster or Evenflo Rightfit be worth considering? I'd really prefer a seat with Latch than can be used in booster mode.

As far as child/booster seats would go, is it worth looking at anything other than the Britax Frontier/Pioneer, or would they be outgrown too quickly?

Thanks!
Jen

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC