Favorite spare NBB?

lgenne

I'm thinking about getting one. Something that can live in the back of the minivan, that I can maybe start training DS1 on without having to pull the back off his PWSGL. That can be used if he rides with someone else, or if a friend rides with us. Ideally something that can be latched, but the latch hooks can be out of the way when we don't want to use them.

So it should fit a wide variety of kids in a wide variety of vehicles.

Backless Affix? Something else I'm not considering?

ADS

LKuepfer

I have the Harmony Youth for that purpose. It doesn't latch but its so small its easy to have along. I can't tell you how many times I've been thankful for it with unexpected car-pooling.

Dillipop

We have bubblebums for that. They fit anywhere and are small enough to toss in a backpack for carpool.

The backless affix would work but it's kinda bulky to store in the trunk well, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjordan

Our spare is a cosco topside. We actually have a bubblebum too, but the extra step of needing to inflate it means it doesn't get used as often. If we needed a booster to fit in a backpack for traveling, then I'm sure the bubblebum would get the job!

Dillipop

Our spare is a cosco topside. We actually have a bubblebum too, but the extra step of needing to inflate it means it doesn't get used as often. If we needed a booster to fit in a backpack for traveling, then I'm sure the bubblebum would get the job!

We have a topside in my mom's car and I hesitate to send it with the kids as a spare because of the different belt routing. My mom and I remember how to do it but my DH and kids tend to forget it's different.

And our bubblebums stay inflated as well. They slip easily under any of the vehicle seats inflated and also fit in the cubby in the trunk area of my van while inflated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would say yes for a kid who has used at least a HBB before. There's a little balance to it but not much more than is required in any booster.

bnsnyde

We have the Harmony Youth.

I do have Bubble Bum but cannot guarantee it is inflated, they do the hooks correctly, etc.
So I just prefer Harmony. I do not need latch for my spare; I prefer it doesn't have it actually since it's heavy and/or a pain with dangling straps.

lgenne

Of course, I just read about collapsing seat backs, and now I want to move him passenger side in a backless (HBB creates a giant blind spot for me...)

And then I have to think about his 2nd row seat collapsing on his brother in the 3rd row. Gah!

Angela814

I like the Harmony Youth too. Fits 30-100 lbs and has a shoulder belt adjustor that actually works really well. (I find most just slide off.) It's a little more stable than the BubbleBum. Plus it's only $12.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC