News Frontier Clicktight for $292

ADS

geekKT

I'm so tempted. So tempted. I moved DD to the Nauti in the truck and she's slumpy, sigh... But it does *work*, so I'm reluctant to shell out for a fronteir! But such a good price. So tempted.

LKuepfer

I needed one and have been debating for a few months. I stumbled on this sale yesterday and bought cow! $307 so beats almost $500 with taxes!!!!!:jive:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm so tempted. So tempted. I moved DD to the Nauti in the truck and she's slumpy, sigh... But it does *work*, so I'm reluctant to shell out for a fronteir! But such a good price. So tempted.

We had one Nauti as well and serious head slump and she always ends up falling asleep in that one! So I'm moving it to the least used vehicle and replacing the convertibles in the other two vehicles with Frontiers.

Did you end up getting one?

geekKT

No, probably against my better judgement. Let me know how the Frontiers work for you. I think it's just that the truck seats are somewhat relatively upright, and the Nauti makes it worse...but my 6 year old does okay in a TB.

I was spoiled by my FF TFP which expires early next year, but had an awesome recline for her to sleep.

I could put the TFP back in for now but am trying to plan ahead and see what's going to work.

LKuepfer

Mine came today with a manufacture date of 2016/06/15!!!! :dance: Is that even possible?? I've never bought a carseat with such a recent manufacture date!! I keep thinking I've read it wrong or something..Lol

Dillipop

I once bought a Britax seat and when it showed up 10 days later, it was manufactured after I purchased it. It was so fresh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Mine came today with a manufacture date of 2016/06/15!!!! :dance: Is that even possible??

Ditto for mine! Awesome, huh? Benefit of not having to make a long trip on a cargo ship to get here!

The install was so dreamy. I think I had it out of the box, unwrapped, tags off, put into recline mode, installed and top tethered in under 5 mins. Who needs a manual*? LOL

*Do not try this at home. ;) I'm picking her up after work and have time to verify my install with the manual before she rides in it.

Last edited:

LKuepfer

Ditto for mine! Awesome, huh? Benefit of not having to make a long trip on a cargo ship to get here!

The install was so dreamy. I think I had it out of the box, unwrapped, tags off, put into recline mode, installed and top tethered in under 5 mins. Who needs a manual*? LOL

*Do not try this at home. ;) I'm picking her up after work and have time to verify my install with the manual before she rides in it.

I hope mine goes just as well. Our van happens to be in the garage so I need to wait. I definitely will need the manual though as it's my first click tight. I'm sure it will be easy but me who hates change is inwardly resisting it...Lol I was a bit relieved to find a Latch deep inside of it! :p

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I hope mine goes just as well. Our van happens to be in the garage so I need to wait. I definitely will need the manual though as it's my first click tight. I'm sure it will be easy but me who hates change is inwardly resisting it...Lol I !!was a bit relieved to find a Latch deep inside of it! :p

So I checked my manual, and my install was good. So I did our second vehicle and it was just as easy. You'll be fine!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
She fell asleep on the way home today. No head slump! It's in recline mode. The Nauti in recline mode her head just hung and swung side to side and woke her up and made her restless. She says it's comfy and loves the cupholders (Nauti was good for this too). I want to marry the clicktight install though. Seriously, where has this been all my life? Why did it take someone so long to come out with something like this? Makes me want to cackle at locking clips and throw them in a pot of boiling brew...

geekKT

Good to know!

We'll see if I catch a good sale again here. I already need to buy an infant seat so I'm holding off but I might have to make the leap for her. She's a peanut so she doesn't need the actual limits of the Frontier but it would get use because she won't meet booster minimums for a while either.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Good to know!
She's a peanut so she doesn't need the actual limits of the Frontier but it would get use because she won't meet booster minimums for a while either.

Same with my kid. But I think she was going to reach the height limit on her convertible before she hit 40 pounds so I figured better to buy now at that price and get more use of the Frontier harness.

LKuepfer

She fell asleep on the way home today. No head slump! It's in recline mode. The Nauti in recline mode her head just hung and swung side to side and woke her up and made her restless. She says it's comfy and loves the cupholders (Nauti was good for this too). I want to marry the clicktight install though. Seriously, where has this been all my life? Why did it take someone so long to come out with something like this? Makes me want to cackle at locking clips and throw them in a pot of boiling brew...

Yes I've noticed that my daughter going from the Nautilus and constant head slump (which made her wake up) when she went into a Frontier (not click tight) and it totally stopped. Also she is the queen of comfort and complaining if something doesn't feel right and she had a hard time adjusting Forward facing in the Nautilus after rear facing in her My Ride. But she had no complaints at all going into the Frontier!! I could tell it was comfy for her. So hopefully the click tight will be the same! The van is fixed but haven't had time to make the switch. The old Frontier is borrowed.

brymommy

Quick question. I grabbed a seat during this deal but some of our circumstances might possibly be changing in how and where I need to install the seat.

I've looked online and in the manuel a few times so I am pretty sure the answer is "no"... However I wanted to double check that the Frontier Clicktight does NOT require a headrest to be used as a harnessed seat?

Dillipop

Quick question. I grabbed a seat during this deal but some of our circumstances might possibly be changing in how and where I need to install the seat.

I've looked online and in the manuel a few times so I am pretty sure the answer is "no"... However I wanted to double check that the Frontier Clicktight does NOT require a headrest to be used as a harnessed seat?

It doesn't require vehicle head support in any configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC