Vent Shoutout to Graco! (As I duck rotten tomatoes...[emoji23])

MamaChirpy

Yes I know, many of you have had major issues with Graco's customer service. But let me tell you about this....

Last week I was attempting AGAIN for the 3rd time to find the disgusting smell stinking up my Suburban. (Back story: I had a carload of kids two weeks ago for Bible school. Almost no one was in their regular car seat. My son was in my daughter's seat for one ride. He wet his pants standing in front of the car seat. DID NOT TELL ME. It was pitch black. I didn't know he had wet his pants until he was undressing when we got home. 45 minutes later. After saturating the straps with pee, evidently.) So the night of the pee accident, I went back outside late after bathing him and getting him tucked in. The car seat cover of the Fit4Me was pretty damp, but not soaked. I thought, "Oh ok, no big deal." I took it off the seat (thanks, Rapid Remove) took it in and washed it. Put it back on the next day. I thought all was well. That just happened to be the last night of VBS so I didn't go anywhere for 3 days. Yep. You see where this is going? When we finally loaded back up in the truck to go somewhere, it REEKED. It has been so hot and humid, and raining every day. The smell was so horrible, I thought surely a creature had gone and died in there. I couldn't tell where the smell was coming from. I had left a wet diaper on the floor board. Removed it, aired the truck. Still yuck. I took apart my console and washed it. It had ice cream spilled in it. Surely that was the source of the stink. Nope. Two days later, it remained. I vacuumed every inch of my beloved truck. To no avail. I was losing my patience and starting to look in earnest now. I could not find anything... My mother finally opened the door where my daughter was sitting in her car seat... She stuck her head to the floor board and stated quite calmly, " Here is your problem right here." I jumped out and inhaled deeply with my nose a few inches from the carpet. Glory hallelujah. Apparently, my son had the accident while standing in front of the car seat, before he got in it. No wonder I couldn't find the stink. The carpet had dried and is black to boot. That would explain why the seat cover hadn't been very damp.

To make this long, long tale a little shorter.... Come to find out, over a week later, I was still catching whiffs of the terrible smell. By this time, I had nearly sucked the color out of the carpet with every vacumn and cleaner I could get my hands on. I started looking for other Suburbans to trade mine in for.

Meanwhile, my son's new booster came. I played car seat switcharoo one afternoon to begin booster training him. While carrying in the Fit4Me to make room, I caught a strong whiff of the ever present stink. YA'll.

IT WAS IN THE STRAPS!!!! Not the part that's on the child, but underneath the seat. Where the harness moves back and forth and is adjusted. I guess it leaked through the hole in the crotch buckle???? I don't know. I set about trying to clean the straps. I saw it was hopeless. I got Graco on the phone to see if the harness was replaceable. No dice. However, the lady that helped me, Destinee, sent me a brand new Fit4Me. I have to return the old stinky one but I can keep the cover. It came today. I even got to pick the color. She said she couldn't do that for everyone that called, but she did for me since it was almost a brand new seat. I sent proof of purchase and she sent me the brand new seat.

I am speechless. I am overjoyed. That's my daughter's favorite seat. And I had only had it since October. So, THANK YOU GRACO AND YAY!!!!

(I hope you found this entertaining. I had fun writing it. Total truth. And a good end to a very frustrating situation. [emoji16][emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

aept

Yay!
That was like reading a hilarious mommy-blog post ;)

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

2BunniesMommy

Wow, that is wonderful! Fun story too. Sorry it was so stinky and hiding. I can imagine how awful that must have been.

MamaChirpy

Yay!
That was like reading a hilarious mommy-blog post ;)

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Oh thank you!!! I actually have a blog I'm trying to get going so this made my day. [emoji16][emoji12]❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC