Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Padding on Next

Padding on Next

I think I've read when you order a Next online they have more padding. is that true for all of them or just the solid colors, and does it matter if you order from Walmart/Amazon?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Padding on Next

I don't know that there's more padding, just nicer fabric, and yes, just on the solid colors.

Carseat Crazy

Not more padding, but the nicer solid color fabric is much cushier. (Cushy-er) Worth the wait! It definitely FEELS better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference in feel is due to the material, so it's just the solid colors vs the prints rather than in-store vs online. My understanding is that the solid colors aren't sold in stores, which is why the recommendation for a solid color seat comes with the caveat that you have to order it online.

Totally worth it, though. I have a blue one and it is lovely.

Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

Carseat Crazy

Do you think any of these seats have enough padding for a 9 hr flight and lots of driving? I just ordered a Spring Day cover which apparently is even less padded and am leaving tomorrow.

Padding on Next

Quote Originally Posted by ntrenary View Post
    does it matter if you order from Walmart/Amazon?
    Posted via Mobile Device

To answer this question, the seat is a Walmart exclusive. Most of the Amazon/EBay listings that I have seen are more expensive than ordering from Walmart because essentially you are paying for them to buy from Walmart and then re-sell. In some cases, the shipping options might be better if you buy from someplace other than Walmart. I just added a sticker book to my order so that it would qualify for free shipping.

Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelandlucy View Post
    Do you think any of these seats have enough padding for a 9 hr flight and lots of driving? I just ordered a Spring Day cover which apparently is even less padded and am leaving tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry about it at this point. I would just go with what you have and assume that it is comfortable unless told otherwise. In all likelihood it will be comfy enough. Kids have a lot of preferences about seats other than padding.

My 2 year old had no objections to the Next on a 12 hour each way (with stops) car ride both to and from our destination. I specifically chose it for the trip so I could recline it a little more.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria