Padding on Next

ntrenary

I think I've read when you order a Next online they have more padding. is that true for all of them or just the solid colors, and does it matter if you order from Walmart/Amazon?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

MamaChirpy

Not more padding, but the nicer solid color fabric is much cushier. (Cushy-er) Worth the wait! It definitely FEELS better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The difference in feel is due to the material, so it's just the solid colors vs the prints rather than in-store vs online. My understanding is that the solid colors aren't sold in stores, which is why the recommendation for a solid color seat comes with the caveat that you have to order it online.

Totally worth it, though. I have a blue one and it is lovely.

Hazelandlucy

Do you think any of these seats have enough padding for a 9 hr flight and lots of driving? I just ordered a Spring Day cover which apparently is even less padded and am leaving tomorrow.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
does it matter if you order from Walmart/Amazon?
Posted via Mobile Device

To answer this question, the seat is a Walmart exclusive. Most of the Amazon/EBay listings that I have seen are more expensive than ordering from Walmart because essentially you are paying for them to buy from Walmart and then re-sell. In some cases, the shipping options might be better if you buy from someplace other than Walmart. I just added a sticker book to my order so that it would qualify for free shipping.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Do you think any of these seats have enough padding for a 9 hr flight and lots of driving? I just ordered a Spring Day cover which apparently is even less padded and am leaving tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry about it at this point. I would just go with what you have and assume that it is comfortable unless told otherwise. In all likelihood it will be comfy enough. Kids have a lot of preferences about seats other than padding.

1mommy

My 2 year old had no objections to the Next on a 12 hour each way (with stops) car ride both to and from our destination. I specifically chose it for the trip so I could recline it a little more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC