Cosco Easy Elite 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat

U

Unregistered

Has anyone seen this car seat? I think it's sold at Walmart. I'd be interested in stats- specifically top harness height and seat width. Thanks

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I had one come in to a check event. I can't give you stats but can say it was very easy to install properly in the car it came in with.

U

Unregistered

I found the following review:
http://csftl.org/cosco-easy-elite-multimode-review/
It looks like it's pretty narrow (18") and might be good for 3 across situations.
The top harness heights are only 16.75". At around what age would a child usually outgrow that?
I was originally looking at a grcao tranzitions for a narrow car seat, but this is much cheaper. Any thoughts?

lgenne

A Tranzitions would probably get you about an extra year to 18 months in a harness (by shoulder height, potentially more for heavier kids who outgrow the Cosco harness by weight first) and about the same timeframe (an extra year-ish) in high back booster mode. The Tranzitions also can be used as a backless booster.

The Tranzitions also comes with harness pads, which is of variable importance to parents and kids.

You might also look at the Harmony Defender. It's about $10 cheaper than the Tranzitions right now.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I found the following review:

http://csftl.org/cosco-easy-elite-multimode-review/

It looks like it's pretty narrow (18") and might be good for 3 across situations.

The top harness heights are only 16.75". At around what age would a child usually outgrow that?

I was originally looking at a grcao tranzitions for a narrow car seat, but this is much cheaper. Any thoughts?

Looks like we both were on the same track! Your post hadn't cleared moderation yet when I wrote mine so I didn't see that you'd found that article already.

Just to make sure, what is the age, height, and weight of the child? The Graco Tranzitions does not rear-face and the Easy Elite does not become a backless booster, so they serve different purposes in that regard.

As far as the 16.75" harness height, I think it is about the same as the non-ClickTight Britax convertibles, and I think I have read on here that those are usually outgrown around age 5-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgenne

You might also want to look at the Evenflo Maestro. It also harnesses to 50 pounds and can be used as a high back booster. It doesn't rear face (similar to the Tranzitions) but has 18" top slots and is a recommended seat. It's less expensive than the Easy Elite.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC