Frontier or Nautilus....

LKuepfer

So I'm about to replace our well loved Nautilus which expires in Dec. I'm really leaning toward a click tight Frontier for a few reasons..

1. A Britax with the webbed tether is the only harnessed seat that works in
our 50/50 split caravan back seat.
2. I want a cow cover and
3. I don't like the Nautilus head slump

I'm hesitating though because I keep reading how people don't how hard it is to adjust the harness of the click tight(I also read a thread here recently where people had more thing they didn't like about click tight, just can't find it) and I have always loved how easy my Gracos adjust and how easy they have been to install. Also the seat is really wide making the back seat impossible for more car seats or boosters. I hate that back seat... there is literally no options. :mad:

It's for my almost 40 pound 5 1/2 yearold and will be passed on to my tall 24 pound 1 year old in about three years.

For over $400 Canadian dollars I don't want to hate this seat....:p

ADS

Kamy04

I have both those seats and like them both.

The Frontier CT is big and heavy, but soooooo easy to install. My ds1 does not have head slump, but he generally never does. It is hard to tighten, so I mostly just dont make it looser lol. I like the seat so much it doesn't bother me anymore. My DS1 is tall with a long torso and has plenty of growing room.

The Nauti is a great seat too. It just isn't as tall. Ds1 uses if in grandmas car and she has no issues with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Athena

For a tall kid, I'd always get the Frontier. We're out of harnessed seats and only using boosters now, but we had both the Nautis and Frontiers (both the Frontier 85 and a Frontier 90 clicktight a couple years ago at the end of our harnessing days). I don't know how much they've changed. We liked the Nautis (easy to install, adjust, and use), but they weren't tall enough, weren't a good fit/compatible for booster use for us, and we did get head slump. We loved our Frontier 85s for both harnessing and booster use and loved the easy harnessed seat install of the 90/clicktight too and all the added safety features (but we were nearing the end of needing a harnessed seat, so didn't use it as long and sold it because we had plenty of good booster options). If I were starting again, I'd probably get another Frontier, but we have tall kids, so that might be influencing my decision. $400 is a lot and you may not love everything about it (or any seat, at least that's been my experience that they each have their pros and cons). HTH.

LKuepfer

Thanks! I found a deal on amazon.ca today for $292!!! Just hoping it will work with the lap belt and buckle!

I have to twist the buckle now for the old Frontier I'm borrowing temporarily. Can I do this the the click tight too?

Kobain's Mommy

Thanks! I found a deal on amazon.ca today for $292!!! Just hoping it will work with the lap belt and buckle!

I have to twist the buckle now for the old Frontier I'm borrowing temporarily. Can I do this the the click tight too?

You most likely won't have to. We have FR85s in my DH's truck. We have to twist to buckle there. The way the CT works is pulling the belt up higher to go into the compartment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC