Question 2014 Ford Explorer - two car seats

S

Soon2BMomof2

Hello!
I am a soon to be mom of two and drive a 2014 Ford Explorer. My two year old is still rear-facing and currently sits on the passenger side due to her Diono Rainier causing the front passenger seat to sit forward (not comfortable with the large baby bump!). My husband recently installed the bucket seat for the baby (a Graco Snugride Click Connect 35) behind the drivers seat so we could see how that worked out although I found it awkward as the bucket seat also causes the front seat to sit slightly forward. I'm thinking I may just have to suck it up although it also stops my hubby from driving my vehicle with the two car seats installed as he would not be able to adjust the seat as needed.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this type of problem with this type of vehicle and what you found works best for you? I am pretty much open to anything at this point (other than purchasing a mini van!). Looking for suggestions please!

Thank you! :)

ADS

kathysr98

Do you have the bench seat or captain's chairs in the second row? If the captain's chairs, both should be adjustable front to back. If the bench, the passenger side section may be adjustable front to back. If you have some adjustment, it may buy you enough space to fit everyone comfortably.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC