Evenflo Sureride or Maestro for travel

Hazelandlucy

Is one easier than the other on airplanes and to install? Both can latch past 40 lbs? Going to be dealing with non locking seatbelt so want to use latch. This would be for 4.5 yr old, 41 inches, 39 lbs. Is the Maestro less tall and cumbersome to carry around?

Also if I considered the Graco Tranzition can I use the padding for a kid her size? She will be sitting in it for a 9 hr flight and many car trips.

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Will you be on an international trip? In the US cars had locking belts before they had lower anchors.

Either will work, both are lightweight, both are easy. The Maestro without the cupholders (get caps from Evenflo to cover the holes) can use the tray. Both can use the lower anchors above 40 pounds.

You could use the insert on the Tranzitions.

Wendy

walnutgold

The Tranzitions is great. The padding can be used at any weight plus it has harness covers which could be great for a long trip. If you're traveling internationally installation may be tricky.
The Maestro's anchors go to 50lbs. However the seat itself only harnesses to 50lbs so if you're planning to use it after your trip it won't be very long lasting.
The Sureride goes to 55 or 48 lbs (check your manuel for reference). It's not the narrowest seat, but it is lightweight and harnesses to 65 pounds and has 19" top harness slots meaning this could be fairly long lasting.
The Tranzitions latches to 45lbs. It's top harness slot is approximately 18 inches and has a 65lbs weight limit.
I personally would go with the Tranzitions because it will be the most useful in the long run. However they're all nice seats, so whatever works best for you will be great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hazelandlucy

Thanks so much! So the Tranzitions is relatively easy to install with latch?

Any idea what the kids embrace Cinderella seat is like to install with latch? It didn't get great safety ratings in the Which? magazine test in the UK in harness mode, so I am leery, but it would make my daughter extremely happy!

walnutgold

Thanks so much! So the Tranzitions is relatively easy to install with latch?

Any idea what the kids embrace Cinderella seat is like to install with latch? It didn't get great safety ratings in the Which? magazine test in the UK in harness mode, so I am leery, but it would make my daughter extremely happy!

The belt path is really narrow so it might be difficult to install. It also doesn't get great belt fit (especially on smaller kids) in booster mode. Do you have an approximate shoulder height for your daughter? The tallest harness slots are 17" on the kids embrace combination seats.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hazelandlucy

The belt path is really narrow so it might be difficult to install. It also doesn't get great belt fit (especially on smaller kids) in booster mode. Do you have an approximate shoulder height for your daughter? The tallest harness slots are 17" on the kids embrace combination seats.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks - does the belt path matter with latch? Would that make it hard on the plane?

walnutgold

A narrow belt path would most likely be a challenge to install with on a plane. Are Kids Embrace seats certified to fly? I haven't had a chance to use one so I don't know.

cwyn

Don't have experience with the Maestro, but have traveled internationally with two separate kids in a Sureride (probably 20 trips or so at this point) and really recommend it. We have never had trouble installing it anywhere (except that it is too large to install RF in a regular NYC taxi that has that plastic barrier between the front and back seats--we've just used other car services instead to avoid that issue). It is wide at the widest point, but not down below where the airplane armrests actually sit--I have installed it both RF and FF in a bulkhead seat with immovable armrests with no problems. It is lightweight, and has for us been much easier to install than the two seats that came before. So I don't think you can go wrong with this seat for travel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC