Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Contender OR ???

My RF daughter will be 3 in a couple weeks. She is 28# and 37 inches tall. My primary seat (Radian) is expiring & I have a Scenera Next that I 💗 and will use to the last inch.

I need a new seat that is road trip comfy RF & FF, is easy to clean & is great for flying. The Graco Contender seems to fit the bill in every way (yah no belt buckle in her back on the plane) minus the darn none removable straps. (What the heck???)

The seat will be in an 8 passenger 2011 Odyssey (Cpt chair) & eventually in a 2006 F150.

Is there anything else that is great RF & FF, great for flying & easy to clean that I should consider? She is most likely the last babe so I am not interested in another Radian. I will likely only use it for 2-2.5 years before we hunt for a good fitting booster for petite kids.

Thanks,
    Mamabear to 4 (2 five steppers, 1 LBB & 1 RF)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Contender OR ???

The Contender sounds like your best bet, unless you want go to the My Size/Fit4Me/Size4Me route to have strap covers.

The Extend2Fit may be nice on planes as well, though forward it's got an open belt path, so buckle in the back.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785