choose a convertible for me (easy to use)

bnsnyde

Cousin is having a baby and could use some help.
I just sent them a Graco Literider travel system (carseat and stroller) via Amazon. That should get through most of the first year. (Based on my one cousin's stats, at 9 months she has just about outgrown that carseat). I hope this combo is decent? I didn't want anything that would lug a 14-month-old around like our Graco 40 (back injury waiting to happen); plus their car might be small.

What convertible seat can I send next? I'll be waiting a bit, of course. I would like it to be affordable, and no continuous harness. Easy to install and a nice big belt path. Not a lot of front to back room.

EASY to use is key since they don't, I don't think, have carseat experience.

If I plan for a small car then it should fit wherever, even if their cars change.
I am having trouble thinking of the best option.

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
As far as ease of install, front-to-back room, and a nice big beltpath, I think a Britax Clicktight wins. But it loses on affordability. Still something to keep in mind if you are able to find a deal.

Keep in mind that they don't have car seat experience right now, but they will have a lot more once they have a kid. Ease of use might not be as critical once they have some experience -- especially if you help them learn the ropes or direct them to a tech in their area who can help set them up for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

They are way out of state.

Also what about the Roundabout? Or is it too small to be of any use long term? I like Britax very much; they are always easy to use. I was not a fan of Clicktight when I had one, though.

The Extend to Fit we have but the belt path is too small...I cannot imagine my cousins trying to fuss with that.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
They are way out of state.

Also what about the Roundabout? Or is it too small to be of any use long term? I like Britax very much; they are always easy to use. I was not a fan of Clicktight when I had one, though.

The Extend to Fit we have but the belt path is too small...I cannot imagine my cousins trying to fuss with that.

The Roundabout is one of my favorite seats. Still fits my 3y3m old -- both RF and FF. I have no intention of using it FF, though. I have other seats that have much higher top harness slots.

Is your relative planning on having more children? If so, I would absolutely get a Roundabout -- for the price it is the most full-featured seat and very easy to use. If she's going to have more kids anyway, then it will get passed down and so longevity FF isn't as important.

cookie123

Nobody ever talks about the RA anymore, and I haven't seen it recommended either. I didn't realize it was still around.

bnsnyde

I see I got them an infant seat with no front adjust harness. I did not know that. I then went to the store to play with it...thinking if Graco makes these it can't be THAT bad. It was bad. Very. And I couldn't even move the straps up. This is not user friendly. (Though seat was tethered to display which gave little wiggle room).

Anyway I sent a second Graco 30 with front adjust. They probably have 2 cars anyway. And I will tell them use the second seat for frequent use.
I cannot see how babies would even have straps tight enough with those rear-adjust ones since it's kind of a pain...and loosening was the worst! Very hard to do. I figure parents would get lazy and never tighten or loosen since it's so hard.

Anyway...they have two seats so should be good for the first year or so. And a stroller to click it into.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Anyway I sent a second Graco 30 with front adjust. They probably have 2 cars anyway. And I will tell them use the second seat for frequent use.

I cannot see how babies would even have straps tight enough with those rear-adjust ones since it's kind of a pain...and loosening was the worst! Very hard to do. I figure parents would get lazy and never tighten or loosen since it's so hard.

At my last check event, a set of parents came in with a rear-adjust Graco snugride -- straps quite loose. I discreetly approached one of my instructors and told her I would need help because I have no idea how those things work. As it turned out, we didn't need to because the child was close to outgrowing it anyway and so the dad went out and bought a Scenera NEXT and then came back. They were SO excited and amazed when I showed them how it adjust the harness with the front adjust strap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC