Need to vent

nhlbluesgirl

I just need to vent, and I know you guys will understand. My grandparents originally had an OHS seat for DD. They knew I wasn't very comfortable with it, so they bought a Graco ComfortSport. (FTR, the OHS seat was at least 6 years old). Anyway, so they've had this seat about a year now. DD is getting to the point where she has either outgrown it already, or is extremely close (she's 3.5yr old and ~38 pounds). She hasn't used the seat for a few months, but I'm pretty sure her height is too tall or VERY close, since it has the lowest top slots. So I bought a Radian 65 for their car. They got all huffy puffy about it, because the ComfortSport is "brand new", and it was $80, and that's a lot of money to just throw away, and they did a lot of research on that seat, blah, blah, blah. I told them they wouldn't be throwing it away, because DD2 can use it as soon as she outgrows her snugride. Then they still complain about how the other seat was better because it had more padding, and she could set her drawing thing on the OHS.

Then my grandma mentions that she wants her to be safe, but they keep coming out with these new "fads." I told her that it's not a new fad, it's a safety issue. We go round and round about it, and frankly I'm sick of it!! If I didn't tell them differently, they probably would have used the seat until she literally didn't fit in it anymore (way past the limit of when she should be using it). After that, they planned on putting her in a no back booster. They have one from my cousin that is 5-6 years old. It's "brand new" according to them, because it's barely been used. Of course I told them there is no way that she was going in that, and that didn't make them happy either. Why can't they just understand that I'm not pulling these rules out of my rear! This is MY child and it is my job to make sure that she is safe!

Sorry for rambling!! :whistle:

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I don't have any advise on what to say to them at the moment, but if it helps, I'll lend you my Grandpa. He babysits for free and knows how to install that Radian you just bought.:)

mominabigtruck

This is exactly why I have bought every single seat that my kids have ever rode in except for the infant seat that my aunt bought ds but I still picked it out. My mom may complain about me playing musical carseats in her van but she can't say anything about it costing her money because I paid for the $300 blvd and the $65 compass booster that's in there. She had a backless turbo that I had bought for my younger sister to ride in my truck and she wanted to use it for Dallas and I just confiscated it. I find that's the easiest way to deal with things, if she doesn't have it she can't try to use it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC