My annual "which seat" thread?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Every year I have the same question, lol. :p We're flying soon, my 2 littles (2 & 4) will be in carseats; both FF on the plane, 2yo RFs in the car.

I've got a SureRide, Radian and Fllo to choose from. Pretty set on the SureRide; it's just so light and easy. Tough call's between the Fllo and Radian. The Radian's only real advantage is on the plane for tray use, it's also slightly lighter and much more compact to haul. If I bring it, it means the kids will switch from their usual seats when we arrive as the SureRide's my 4yo's usual seat, but I'm not going to bring the boot to RF the Radian (so my 2yo will end up in the SureRide RF.) The Fllo is my 2yo's regular seat. Opinions? Experiences hauling a Fllo through the airport? My usual setup is to stack both carseats on our stroller, and wear the 2yo.

TIA. :)

ADS

lgenne

How about option 3: pick up a Scenera NEXT before you go? I don't love either of those options, especially given that you presumably don't know which rental car they'll go in when you get there. Radian installs can be tricky, and I definitely wouldn't want to travel with a Fllo.

unityco

My annual "which seat" thread?

How about option 3: pick up a Scenera NEXT before you go? I don't love either of those options, especially given that you presumably don't know which rental car they'll go in when you get there. Radian installs can be tricky, and I definitely wouldn't want to travel with a Fllo.

Sorry, I didn't mention I'm in Canada, so the Next's not an option. Also, we're traveling to family and I know the Radian works in our vehicle options.

I might consider picking up another SureRide though and leaving it there for next time. Hmm. [emoji848] (Although the only mark against the SR, IMO is its front-to-back space hogginess. [emoji6])

katymyers

Re: My annual "which seat" thread?

Sorry, I didn't mention I'm in Canada, so the Next's not an option. Also, we're traveling to family and I know the Radian works in our vehicle options.

I might consider picking up another SureRide though and leaving it there for next time. Hmm. [emoji848] (Although the only mark against the SR, IMO is its front-to-back space hogginess. [emoji6])

The Next is available in Canada. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/cosco-scenera-next-convertible-car-seat-lime-punch/6000194484182
It's a wonderful seat and is easy to install in just about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgenne

Also, by the time your youngest outgrows it, your older kid will be booster ready (presumably) and the Sureride can be passed down.

unityco

So I ended up bringing the Fllo. It worked alright. It needs a seatbelt extender on the plane, but I realized that before I installed it, so disaster was avoided. It fit upside down on top of the SureRide seated in our Mac Volo stroller, so transporting it through the airport wasn't too bad. Dealing with the rebound bar was a bit of a pain. It's a good thing I chose it in the end because I hadn't realized DS2 has essentially outgrown the Radian FF (which was the seat I would have put him in had I brought it.) :eek:

Took me a couple days to recover from the 10 installs I did in 48 hours, lol. (Departure rental, airplane (x2 for DD, got the plane belt tangled in the harness on the first go,) arrival rental (x2 for DD, realized her angle was too steep in the light of day the next morning,) and finally in the family car. Kudos to you clinic-working types!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC