Britax Parkway?

Kamy04

I was at Target and they have a bunch of Parkway SGL on clearance for $97. I was with DH so I didnt buy it...but I might tomorrow lol.

I haven't had a lot of time to research, but this is a tall booster, right? Does it need headrest support?

DS1 is still harnessed, but a booster would be nice for trips with friends or as a backup. He is just tall with a long torso (46-47", size 7 shirt) so I need something tall.

I figure this is a good deal. They had 5-6 of them so I figure I am safe to wait a day ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

MamaChirpy

I would say go for it. I have a daughter with a long torso. She is about 46-47" tall right now and slender. Our Parkway fits her great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Athena

I didn't know any targets carried the Parkway in store. I've bought a few and I think that's a great deal. In your situation, I'd get it.

It is one of the taller boosters. My DD moved into hers full time at 6yo (~49") and is still in it at 8yo and almost 56". She loves it. The only complaint she's had is that it's hot after the car sits in the summer sun and I wish we could get a lighter color, but that's true of most seats and even some car interiors (so we try to remember to put a towel over it on those really hot days). Otherwise, she just wishes she were shorter because she doesn't want to outgrow it anytime soon. :) But she would have already outgrown most boosters. HTH.

P.S. oops, sorry, forgot this. It does NOT need vehicle head support behind it. Instead, they instruct you to remove the vehicle head rest if it interferes with good vehicle fit, so it's definitely okay. ;)

Kamy04

They re-did the carseat aisles (haaaate), so it might be a new one they carry?

Added bonus is it has green, which is ds favorite color.

Dh might murder me. We have so many damn seats. Maybe they will be gone and he will be spared lol. My excuse could be ds2 myride expires in december and then we can give the radian to ds2 and move ds1 into the booster...yeah, thats it ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Athena

Even after the redo, the stores around me still have almost no boosters. :(

That sounds like a good plan to me! I'm convinced! But I'm probably easier to convince then your DH. ;)

DMS721

I have a question, is the Parkway any narrower than the Recaro HBB?? My DS has a heck of a time buckling in the Recaro in our cars, and I'm looking for something a bit narrower that might be easier to buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC