Question Car shopping help - Crossover/SUV

sm1982

I'm car shopping for a crossover/small SUV to replace a Nissan Versa. I want new, most likely I'll end up leasing. Still, I want to keep it around $30,000. Obviously my biggest concern is safety. My little passengers are 7.5 (HBB) and 4 (FF w seatbelt installation) plus a growing puppy (should max out around 80lbs). The human littles are my niece and nephew so they aren't always with me. I do like to leave the four year-olds seat in my car but right now the booster goes in & out to make room for the dog. I have yet to have the kids and dog in the car at the same time bc there just isn't room. I know I do not want a RAV4 or a Nissan Rogue. On my radar are the Honda CRV, Subaru Forrester, Ford Edge, and Chevy Equinox. Am I missing something else worth looking at? Any huge pros or cons to the four I'm looking at? My car's a/c stopped working yesterday so my casual car shopping is getting more serious. 😣

ADS

SavsMom

I'd go with the Forester - but I'm a HUGE Subaru fan. It's a great vehicle, great safety features, standard AWD, etc etc.

oliviacw

I'm in the middle of this right now. The 4 vehicles on my list are the Honda CRV, the Mazda CX-5, and the Subaru Forrester and Outback. Looks like we're going to go with the Outback, which is more like a station wagon and has a bit more rear leg room and flat cargo area. That might be worth considering for you with the puppy. It's a little more expensive than the others but can be found with good features for under $30k.

sm1982

Well, that escalated quickly. I ended up signing for a CRV today. I looked at the Forester first and loved it but promised myself I'd at least look at the CRV. Loved the CRV just as much and the salesman was able to match the offer at Subaru. I loved Subaru's front seats, extended sunroof and push button hatch. But CRV won me over with the side view camera (I do a lot of highway driving) and rear vents. My dog doesn't love the heat and I love the idea of being able to put it on blast for him while not freezing in the front seat (my nephew also run hot so bonus for him as well). It also has push start, hopefully I won't forget to shut the car off lol. I went with white bc they were out of black. All my previous cars have been dark colors so the white is a nice change I guess. I pick it up on Monday. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC