Question Safety 1st grow and go

U

Unregistered

Hello, I have a safety 1st grow and go convertible seat for my 18 month old..I recently started driving a new car, a 2002 Volkwagen Passat wagon. The car is not equipped with LATCH.. And I have no experience with using just the seat belt..the seat belt is a continuous belt with a free moving latch plate. I'm installing as tightly as I can but the seat can tip really far over (to the center of the car where the seatbelt latches. I was curious if I may need a locking clip? I also have trouble with this seat In general..in cars with LATCH I have to use both LATCH and a seatbelt to get it tight enough, which I know is not recommended. The LATCH strap is really hard to tighten fully especially without the seat belt on..sorry my questions are all over the place I have been trying to get in touch with a local car seat tech, but I presume she is extremely busy. Thank you in advance
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

lgenne

Hi and welcome! Are you locking the seat belt? By 2002, all seat belts were required to lock somehow. If the latch plate moves freely, you should be able to lock the seat belt at the retractor by pulling the seat belt all the way out, then letting it retract.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If you feel comfortable disclosing your location, we might know of other car seat techs in your area. I agree with lgenne that it sounds like the belt isn't locked. If that's the problem, then this video might help: http://youtu.be/PmuLKxscKKk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC